Candle magic question

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
ReikiCat

Candle magic question

Post by ReikiCat »

Hi all, I have been dabbling a bit with hoodoo candle magic, mainly trying to increase prosperity. I had something a bit weird happen and wonder what it signifies magically, if anything. I inscribed my name and a dollar amount on a green candle, dressed it with oil and an herb (basil), and let it burn down completely on a plate. It was one of those small votive candles. It burned right down and the plate came apart, rather explosively.

I had done this kind of candle magic before, using the same kind of candles, oil, herb etc., but never had a plate explode on me! It did burn awhile but not longer than any of the other candles I burned the same way, without exploding a plate. :)

Thanks

ReikiCat
Kassandra

Re: Candle magic question

Post by Kassandra »

That would be a good question for someone versed in ceromancy, the divination of wax (...believe it or not, lol). Holdasown posted (what was to me, at least) a very fascinating video about these little old ladies in Ukraine who do wax readings, and healings. Many good hoodoo rootworkers are also able to give ceromantic, post-candle-spell readings, too. Give your reader a call and describe to him or her what happened, and see what the read on that is.

By the way, here are some other money-drawing activities that may be of help to you in your efforts:
Money and the law of attraction
[EDIT]
viewtopic.php?f=163&t=24373
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22016
(Saving broken link to use as search tool by number, mods only)
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 24539.html

Last edited by Firebird on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added topics similar to broken link
Holdasown

Re: Candle magic question

Post by Holdasown »

Too bad you didn't take a picture of it. Not only interesting divination wise but it may have honestly been full of energy or even "broke" a barrier.

Return to “Folk Magick”