Attraction Spell

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
Capricious

Attraction Spell

Post by Capricious »

I'm not sure if anyone knows this or anything remotely about what I'm about to ask. Since I don't consider this a violation or any karmic laws. Okay here I go.

My mother a long time ago had trouble finding a man. She went to a curandera (a shaman/priestess who practices curanderismo) anyways she told my mother that my Dad's mother. My grandmother and my "Godmother' had placed a curse on her when my mother and father got divorced. So she cleansed my mom and everything was fine, she was meeting men who were genuinely into her. Though I later found out she did an attraction type of spell. It consisted of my mother buying a man's cologne that she liked or felt attracted to. She bought it and the curandera put something in it so she would attract the men who also liked the same cologne.(Of Course that meant whenever she sprayed it on) She met my stepfather soon after and that's that. Since my mother never placed a a forced love spell on my stepfather. I'm pretty sure she didn't since she is Catholic and religious and was hesitant to even tell me.

I'm kind of conflicted since I've been single for quite a while after my six year relationship with my ex and to be honest I want to help a close friend of mines since he's never able to find a good boyfriend.

The part I'm conflicted with is that some may consider that small boost of "attraction, energy, allure, stand out type of magic" against the Wiccan rede. I honestly see nothing wrong with a little help. It's not like your forcing to person to marry you or fall in love, just notice you. Or just help attract someone who's genuinely connected with. So I don't know. To be honest I think the Curandera is now retired and I'm kind of embarrassed to even ask her if I even do find her. I want to help myself and my friend. What should I do? :surprisedwitch:

*woops I just noticed I should of posted this under Folk Spells/Magick sorry about that I just barely noticed the category.*
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Attraction Spell

Post by Xiao Rong »

*woops I just noticed I should of posted this under Folk Spells/Magick sorry about that I just barely noticed the category.*
Done!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
North Star

Post by North Star »

Well I am a little more open to love magick and do not see it as something that forces or changes anothers free will. I really do not follow the rede or consider myself wiccan, either. If that is important to you, you have to find the answers in yourself to decide what you are comfortable practicing.

You will find many are against love spells and it really is a personal decision. I just never understood the whole 'forcing someone to love you' idea because love magick/attaction spells are so much more than that.

I love attraction spells. I think it works by giving you the confidence needed, putting your intent to be open and receptive to love out into the universe. I see no harm in that.

A general attraction spell, one not on a specific person can be a wondeful thing. I have used them before (sometimes with an intended in mind, I admit) and someone totally unexpected would come into my life. Love magick works in tricky ways, so be prepared for that.

Try adding something to these types of spells, such as 'and harm to none' or 'for the correct and good of all'.

Blessings to you ♥
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I think its only manipulative of another person if you do a spell to cause them to break up with or end a good relationship that they are in. So if you feel strongly for some one and they are in love and in a good healthy relationship with another, and you cast a spell to make then break up or that makes the relationship end then you are manipulating them. Otherwise I see nothing wrong with doing a spell to get them to be more open to or notice you more.
Capricious

Post by Capricious »

Alright thanks for your advice, I kind of see it the same way. I also want to help my friend to. Though I have no idea what spell or what she added to the cologne. :o. I've been having trouble finding that specific spell. So hmm I'm wondering if I should create my own similar version. Try another one all together.

Return to “Folk Magick”