Good Books on Rootworking?

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
spiritraven

Good Books on Rootworking?

Post by spiritraven »

I am looking to learn more about Hoodoo and root work in general. Is there any good books that anyone can suggest? There is not many in the local book stores so I would probably have to go online. Just curious to see if anyone has any good books on the subject that they can recommend
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Good books on Rootworking?

Post by loona wynd »

I've done a review on two books here that you might find useful:

Working the Root That book there covers Hoodoo from a very Christian perspective, but is very informative.

Rootwork-using the folk magic of black america this is a very basic primer on concepts and ideas found in Hoodoo.
spiritraven

Post by spiritraven »

Thanks!
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

spiritraven wrote:Thanks!
Catherine Yronwode is another author to look at. She is the owner of luckymojo.com and runs a Hoodoo correspondence course.

There are all sorts of different books out there on the subject. I have another book I am in the middle of reading which will have a review posted once I have completed it.

I actually need to read some more books by other authors. Though I also need to get reading materials related to the Feri tradition of witchcraft, which does have Hoodoo elements in the practice.

Any way those are the two books I have read that have given me some ideas about different ways Hoodoo magic can be worked.

Return to “Folk Magick”