Container Spells AKA Jar Spells

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
Epithymia

Re: Container Spells AKA Jar Spells

Post by Epithymia »

Thank you so much. I am going to order the book tonight for my kindle since it is a lot cheaper and I am on a budget lol. Thank you so much for suggesting it to me
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Now I just need to figure out how to dispose of the materials in the jar spell since the results have basically manifested. Though I may need to wait a little longer to find out exactly whats going on with the job status. Its complicated...but then again a lot of things in my life have been lately.
Epithymia

Post by Epithymia »

If you live in an apt. put it in a pot plant to keep your wish growing , also keep a little of the wax for gris gris bags.
Epithymia

Post by Epithymia »

I have also put mine in a lake before
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I was thinking that I may go down town on Thursday and walk by the river and pour it into the river have the river take the spell away into the ocean. Which actually works even better considering one of the Gods I worked with in addition to doing the working. Niord is an ocean God as well as a God of plenty and prosperity so it works. I already did an offering to him on the beach one day in hopes that he would be able to help us, and its worked.
Epithymia

Post by Epithymia »

That sounds like a wonderful idea.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Epithymia wrote:That sounds like a wonderful idea.
I remember reading something that rivers going away from your house are a good way to dispose of spells and ritual tools where you were trying to get rid of a problem or fix a problem. This spell was a spell to deal with fixing a problem and removing the problem from my life. So I think it will work out. There is one component that will simply be thrown n the trash though, as its not natural and I dont want to be one to put plastics and the like in the oceans any more than they already are. The paper and the rest of the items in the jar are natural so it's all good there.
Epithymia

Post by Epithymia »

Yes , I like to make them in pumpkins around fall and the place them in the lake when I am finished.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I have this prosperity/money drawing jar that I made when my husband was sacked from his previous job. It turned out great and he got a lot better job where he's appreciated and well paid.
The jar contains Basil, Allspice, Cinnamon stick, Thyme, some coins and this is all sealed with wax from my white altar candle.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

So do you think jar spells take longer to manifest or do you think they are better for long term goals and changes rather than immediate results? I've noticed this one took a lot longer than I was expecting for things to manifest, but they did manifest. This is the first time I have done a jar spell so I have nothing to compare it to.
Epithymia

Post by Epithymia »

I have found they work slower and therefore are better for long term goals. When they do start to work it all comes together very nicely.
random417

Post by random417 »

I've noticed that plastic jars give faster results than glass, but I'm not sure why, but in general yes, jar spells do take a while
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Epithymia wrote:I have found they work slower and therefore are better for long term goals. When they do start to work it all comes together very nicely.
Thats what I noticed as well. Once all the parts were in place everything manifested for my goal. Though it happened in ways I hadn't expected the results still will be the same. Its still manifesting. I'll know more by the end of this comming week exactly how its going to manifest.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

random417 wrote:I've noticed that plastic jars give faster results than glass, but I'm not sure why, but in general yes, jar spells do take a while
Thats interesting. Plastic is synthetic while glass is essentially natural (made out of sand or other materials) so I would think that synthetic jars would work slower due to synthetics often inhibiting magic flow.
random417

Post by random417 »

The types of plastic that would be most common to repurpose for this, to me anyway, seem to be almost invisible to energies, whereas glass does have a "footprint". Most synthetics I agree with you about, but it's almost as if energy doesn't realize my old mayo jar exists. Recycle numbers 1 and 2 seem to do that to me. Might just be me though
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44

Return to “Folk Magick”