Container Spells AKA Jar Spells

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Container Spells AKA Jar Spells

Post by loona wynd »

random417 wrote:The types of plastic that would be most common to repurpose for this, to me anyway, seem to be almost invisible to energies, whereas glass does have a "footprint". Most synthetics I agree with you about, but it's almost as if energy doesn't realize my old mayo jar exists. Recycle numbers 1 and 2 seem to do that to me. Might just be me though
I have a small collection of jars and bottles of various types for the use in this sort of magic. I have several medicine bottles that I am re-purposing and some jars from previous food uses. My first jar spell was in an old maple mustard jar that worked very well. I figure that like everything else in magic there would be personal preferences and personal experiences. Thats why I like having these sorts of discussions and concepts.
random417

Post by random417 »

loona wynd wrote: figure that like everything else in magic there would be personal preferences and personal experiences. Thats why I like having these sorts of discussions and concepts.
Exactly. My energy, tied with my thought on the matter, May take to synthetics differently than yours. For me it's like they go right through them. I'd never make a tool out of a synthetic, I can't get it to hold a charge
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

random417 wrote:
Exactly. My energy, tied with my thought on the matter, May take to synthetics differently than yours. For me it's like they go right through them. I'd never make a tool out of a synthetic, I can't get it to hold a charge
This sort of ties into the Failed spells thread I started. I think if you question any spell than the results will be in question and may not manifest. Similarly if you don't think a material will work for magic it likely wont.

Return to “Folk Magick”