Magical Waters & Washes

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
Kassandra

How to Make Peace Water

Post by Kassandra »

loona wynd wrote:I was thinking today that maybe anointing some points on the globe with peace water or chill out/cool down water would be a good thing to do...It seems right now that applying peace water to the globe as a way to try and at least cool things off for a while might work. I do believe that witches can work magic for global changes. I also believe that my example and thought of using peace water in that way on the globe is one way we can work to try and create a better world.
I am working on making an altar similar to this. More on that later. :wink:

loona wynd wrote:I just don't have any peace water myself.
Well, it's very easy to make, loona. Compare techniques of different practitioners...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f96WCy-GSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaMY56fxxvo

The following is an article by Cat Yronwode regarding Peace Water and its uses:

"Old-time Root Doctors have claimed that sprinkling PEACE WATER around the corners of the home will ensure that only kind people and good spirits may enter. Sold as a Curio only." --from The Lucky Mojo Curio Co. catalogue

Peace Water is a wonderful hoodoo product that originated, i believe, as an antidote to the more commonly-mentioned War Water. It is a tool for laying tricks against enemies by means of benevolent foot track magic, causing those who step in it to treat each other respectfully and with kindliness, and preventing hostile people or evil spirits from entering the premises. Thus, it is not only used for protection, but also to work on the minds of those who come into contact with it, rendering them gentle and mild in temper.

Peace Water draws its symbolism from the Biblical injunction to "spread oil on troubled waters." It consists of two pale blue liquids and a watery-clear liquid, each scented with a different herbal essence. When at rest in its bottle, the three fluids in Peace Water naturally separate into layers, each with its own fragrance, one of which is quite similar to Florida Water.

To use Peace Water, you shake up the bottle thoroughly, blending and mixing the three layers into a single pale-blue, cloudy emulsion. Then, walking backward, you sprinkle drops of Peace Water at the four outside corners of the house or in the four corners of each room. For a really strong job, you can circle the house, sprinkling as you go, or sprinkle on the four corners of a larger piece of property.

Alternatively, you can put Peace Water in a pump sprayer and shake it up, then spray it around the house. Remember that it does have oil in it, though, so it may stain delicate fabrics. It is best used on floors and furniture. Some people like to add Peaceful Home dressing oil Peace Water to give it more strength, but it is plenty good all on its own.

Where household quarrels or in-law troubles have been of long standing, it is advised to ritually cleanse the home first with Chinese Wash to clear out any old messes before sprinkling Peace Water in the corners. For a more powerful job when there have been assaults from enemies, an outer ring of Fiery Wall of Protection sachet powder can be laid down around the perimeter of the property after the ritual cleaning, and the Peace Water can then be sprinkled within this circle at the corners and center.

The opposite of Peace Water is, of course, War Water, which is used to declare occult war and trouble enemies.

Source: luckymojo.com/peacewater.html

And here's a tutorial on making Florida Water, which could be an ingredient in the Peace Water (depending on the recipe used), and is used on its own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAHgLhCTgKU

And some interesting ways this same practitioner uses Florida Water:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj4_YkiMEcE

loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: How to Make Peace Water

Post by loona wynd »

Kassandra wrote: Agreed.
One thing I like about the concept of working with magically charged waters is that while I really started to understand the concept from Hoodoo and its used in Hoodoo I think the practice can be applied to no Hoodoo water uses as well. Water has amazing properties and could be used in different ways.
Kassandra wrote: I am working on making an altar similar to this. More on that later. :wink:
Well my understanding of peace water in the home use was that its there to generate a sense of calm and relaxation. Its basically not letting negative and harmful forces in keeping them at bay. I thought that if the concept can be applied to the home why not to the globe as well? Sort of like the microcosm can effect the macrocosm. Does that make sense to you?

Kassandra wrote:Well, let's compare that made by various practitioners...

NOTE FROM MOD...doubled up videos were removed to prevent bogging down the thread.
I will watch these later and take notes. I'm in between errands at the moment and responding to what you posted.

Kassandra wrote:The following is an article by Cat Yronwode regarding Peace Water and its uses:

"Old-time Root Doctors have claimed that sprinkling PEACE WATER around the corners of the home will ensure that only kind people and good spirits may enter. Sold as a Curio only." --from The Lucky Mojo Curio Co. catalogue

Peace Water is a wonderful hoodoo product that originated, i believe, as an antidote to the more commonly-mentioned War Water. It is a tool for laying tricks against enemies by means of benevolent foot track magic, causing those who step in it to treat each other respectfully and with kindliness, and preventing hostile people or evil spirits from entering the premises. Thus, it is not only used for protection, but also to work on the minds of those who come into contact with it, rendering them gentle and mild in temper.

Peace Water draws its symbolism from the Biblical injunction to "spread oil on troubled waters." It consists of two pale blue liquids and a watery-clear liquid, each scented with a different herbal essence. When at rest in its bottle, the three fluids in Peace Water naturally separate into layers, each with its own fragrance, one of which is quite similar to Florida Water.

To use Peace Water, you shake up the bottle thoroughly, blending and mixing the three layers into a single pale-blue, cloudy emulsion. Then, walking backward, you sprinkle drops of Peace Water at the four outside corners of the house or in the four corners of each room. For a really strong job, you can circle the house, sprinkling as you go, or sprinkle on the four corners of a larger piece of property.

Alternatively, you can put Peace Water in a pump sprayer and shake it up, then spray it around the house. Remember that it does have oil in it, though, so it may stain delicate fabrics. It is best used on floors and furniture. Some people like to add Peaceful Home dressing oil Peace Water to give it more strength, but it is plenty good all on its own.

Where household quarrels or in-law troubles have been of long standing, it is advised to ritually cleanse the home first with Chinese Wash to clear out any old messes before sprinkling Peace Water in the corners. For a more powerful job when there have been assaults from enemies, an outer ring of Fiery Wall of Protection sachet powder can be laid down around the perimeter of the property after the ritual cleaning, and the Peace Water can then be sprinkled within this circle at the corners and center.

The opposite of Peace Water is, of course, War Water, which is used to declare occult war and trouble enemies.

Source: luckymojo.com/peacewater.html
I had sort of figured that war water and peace water were connected. It sort of balances itself out when you think about it. Having one form of water magic to combat another form of charged water.

Kassandra wrote:And here's a tutorial on making Florida Water, which could be an ingredient in the Peace Water (depending on the recipe used), and is used on its own.
I've seen three different recipes for Peace Water. All of them contain Florida water in it.

Again thank you for the videos.

I need to buy some essential oils I know for making most of the charged waters and oils as well as washes I have read about. That's ok. Essential oils were something I wanted to start buying and working with any way. I want to make bath salts and most bath salt recipes include essential oils and maybe some herbs.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Magical Waters & Washes

Post by loona wynd »

The snapshot or screen capture of the video for making Florida water shows an ingredient I am familiar with though I haven't used it or worked with it since my very early days as a witch. The very first magical water I created was a Rose Moon Water. Unfortunately I didn't understand the process completely and I had forgotten to strain the actual rose buds from the water so it got moldy :oops: :(

I do remember the feelings I got working with the Rose water before I had to toss it from Mold. It was a very special water for me. It was made at a time when I was starting to combat depression and was first diagnosed with depression. When I dabbed myself with the water I had a rise in self love. More importantly though because it was infused with the energy of the Moon and my Goddesses blessings at the time as well as with the essences of the Rose I felt a lot of divine love around me instantly when I used it as my water in my circle casting.

I actually thing I am going to do a combination rose water again. My rose water doesn't use essential oils but actual rose buds infused in the water for about a month to get as much of the oils into the water as possible. The water will get to be a deep red color and have a nice smell. I am thinking of combining the first spring rain, moon water, and rose water into one thing for a very powerful peace and love water.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thank you for the ideas Loona, I figured I would go with some sort of baneful working.

Oh Kassandra here is your lmao smiley! Image
thanks guys...signing off
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

firebirdflys wrote:Thank you for the ideas Loona, I figured I would go with some sort of baneful working.
Have fun with that. I would keep in mind what I mentioned about radiation killing good and bad equally well in the body so energetically I would think it would be similar. In this case I would probably add more materials specific to the working at hand so that I could minimize the effect to any beneficial forces that are also in the way of the spell.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Image Ha, thanks ff.

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

So Kassandra are there any waters that you work with?
Kassandra

Re: Hoodoo Spiritual Baths by Aura LaForest

Post by Kassandra »

I like to charge and use water like one would program and use a crystal, but spell waters are cool too.

By the way, this is a book coming out May, 2014, that you may be interested in:
Hoodoo Spiritual Baths book cover.jpg
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Rose water might be one to start working with if your interested. I used actual rose buds and water when I made mine and it works well. Brings a feeling of love into the room but roses have other properties so rose water has those properties as well.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

loona wynd wrote:Rose water might be one to start working with if your interested. I used actual rose buds and water when I made mine and it works well. Brings a feeling of love into the room but roses have other properties so rose water has those properties as well.
loona, is it ok to mix rose colors or do you need to do all red or all yellow? I have a half dozen roses dried from valentine's day and want to try this but they are mixed.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Holdasown wrote: loona, is it ok to mix rose colors or do you need to do all red or all yellow? I have a half dozen roses dried from valentine's day and want to try this but they are mixed.
I used all red roses. Roses are powerful symbols of many different kinds of love. Yellow roses are for friendship typically so I would make use of the rose color associations for a multi purpose rose water type thing. Or you could make separate rose waters based on the different colors. Red romantic love pink self love yellow friendship and there are a few others but those are the three I remember the most. White I think is all purpose flower and love color.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

loona wynd wrote:
Holdasown wrote: loona, is it ok to mix rose colors or do you need to do all red or all yellow? I have a half dozen roses dried from valentine's day and want to try this but they are mixed.
I used all red roses. Roses are powerful symbols of many different kinds of love. Yellow roses are for friendship typically so I would make use of the rose color associations for a multi purpose rose water type thing. Or you could make separate rose waters based on the different colors. Red romantic love pink self love yellow friendship and there are a few others but those are the three I remember the most. White I think is all purpose flower and love color.
Ok I have red, yellow and white in there.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Holdasown wrote: Ok I have red, yellow and white in there.
Sounds like you have several different types of love covered. Rose colors have a large history. I once had a handout that covered the meaning of the colors of roses. In general though the uniting theme with roses is actually love and friendship of some sort.

My only last bit of advice for making rose water with actual roses is to make sure that it stays out of the sun. That was my mistake when I first made Rose water. I left the water on my altar all day and all night. Where I was living my room got full sun all day and all afternoon at that point in time. So that is why it got moldy. The risk is larger with the roses in the water, but even after being strained there is risk of mold forming from small particulates that may find their way into the water.

Let me know how it comes out.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Holdasown wrote:Ok I have red, yellow and white in there.
Oh, I just had a flash idea when I read this --make/use white rose products for beloved discarnates in your life whom you'd like to honor. For example, to honor ancestors/relatives passed to spirit especially on their "holy days" (like personal birthdays, anniversaries of their achievements during their Earth lives, etc.).

Another use of white rose products may be to honor our favorite angels/saints/gods/goddesses after they have answered our prayers, a kind of "thank you" ritual one does at such occasions. We're always asking of things from them --"bless this...bless that...please grant me this...bring me that...do this for me...make this happen..." etc. I noticed a human flaw we tend to have with the spiritual world is a puzzling tendency to assume we are entitled to everything we ask for, anytime we ask for it, like there's some unwritten but understood guarantee somewhere of a cosmic entitlement policy. Then when our incessant prayers are answered, we sometimes go along like "well, they were supposed to do that; it's their job," and think nothing more of it.

Wouldn't it be nice to just say thanks, and nothing else, with a simple ritual from time to time? Maybe that would show some level of spiritual maturity on the part of humanity that offsets the childlike gimme-gimme-gimme routine we tend to display the rest of the time. lol

Anyway, the beautiful scent of rose, and the high vibration of white, just seems perfect for a use like this. I think I may just institute this into my regular practices.

Just thinking out loud. :wink:

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Kassandra wrote:
Holdasown wrote:Ok I have red, yellow and white in there.
Oh, I just had a flash idea when I read this --make/use white rose products for beloved discarnates in your life whom you'd like to honor. For example, to honor ancestors/relatives passed to spirit especially on their "holy days" (like personal birthdays, anniversaries of their achievements during their Earth lives, etc.).

Another use of white rose products may be to honor our favorite angels/saints/gods/goddesses after they have answered our prayers, a kind of "thank you" ritual one does at such occasions. We're always asking of things from them --"bless this...bless that...please grant me this...bring me that...do this for me...make this happen..." etc. Wouldn't it be nice to just say thanks this way, and nothing else, from time to time?

The beautiful scent of rose, and the high vibration of white, just seems perfect for uses like these. I think I may just institute this into my regular practices.

Just a thought. :wink:
This is why I mentioned thinking about the colors of the roses and what that might mean to you if you wanted to work with them seperatly. White roses I don't exactly remember what they are associated with but your idea of giving the ancestors and loved ones white rose water as a gift is beautiful.

Return to “Folk Magick”