Magical Waters & Washes

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
Alura Noel

Re: Magical Waters & Washes

Post by Alura Noel »

There are lots of rivers and lakes in the area. But again, whenever rainwater is toxic, the land water gets toxified by it too, though the rivers and lakes here are primarily comprised of melted snow water steadily flowing down from the mountains. But then, there's toxic run-off from the massive agricultural areas we've got here (pesticides sprayed on the crops that get into the soil, then into the water tables beneath the ground).
I know this is off topic from the thread but it's the only time I'll go off on a tangent.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I was reading through this thread. I'll only drink water that has been filtered (even then that doesn't get everything). Sometimes I wish I was still living with my parent's because my dad has a proper water system set up for his house (He works for the water department).

It's really sad about all this pollution. I'm in Florida so going to the beach is pretty big but lately I find myself wondering if I even want to get into the water. I say it's everyone's basic right to have water that's safe to drink and be on our bodies. That should be on the constitution.

So, my next question is, what could be the equivalent to Storm Water? Or maybe a different process of collecting it that could help get rid of of the "added ingredients."
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Kassandra wrote: Hey...that'd be a great item for your next giveaway, Holdasown, some bottled "Thor's Water," maybe with a Thurisaz rune inscribed on it, and other correspondences, hehe.
Hmm. I could get a nice bottle the spring rains will be starting. I like it.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Alura wrote: So, my next question is, what could be the equivalent to Storm Water? Or maybe a different process of collecting it that could help get rid of of the "added ingredients."
One of those filter pitchers? I don't know if distilling it would take the magic properties out or not?
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Alura wrote:This is exactly what I was thinking when I was reading through this thread. I'll only drink water that has been filtered (even then that doesn't get everything). Sometimes I wish I was still living with my parent's because my dad has a proper water system set up for his house (He works for the water department).
One of the reasons I felt comfortable drinking the lake water when I did was that I knew that the lake water is pumped into the local cities and filtered as their drinking water. So many of us who lived on the lake would take sips when we swam. Most of the time though it was filtered bottled water.
Alura wrote:It's really sad about all this pollution. I'm in Florida so going to the beach is pretty big but lately I find myself wondering if I even want to get into the water. I say it's everyone's basic right to have water that's safe to drink and be on our bodies. That should be on the constitution.
I would agree with that. I also think we should all be able to drink normal ground water with out any issues. There are places where the ground minerals are full of natural radiation (radon) so the water isn't really drinkable. Often times it can even cause issues for property values. Water full of natural radiation or Radon also tastes nasty. You just taste the iron and other minerals from the ground (my well near the lake was full of radon and other minerals).

Alura wrote:So, my next question is, what could be the equivalent to Storm Water? Or maybe a different process of collecting it that could help get rid of of the "added ingredients."
I guess in the winter you could collect the snow and melt the snow and purify the snow will a still. The fact that it was collected when it was collected would still have the stormy energy I think. Water retains energy when bottled and gathered so maybe that would work.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Holdasown wrote: Hmm. I could get a nice bottle the spring rains will be starting. I like it.
Spring rain is so refreshing. Its life for the world after its nice long rest. I in some ways equate spring rains to the earth with morning showers for my day to day life.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Holdasown wrote: One of those filter pitchers? I don't know if distilling it would take the magic properties out or not?
Maybe write a paper saying "storm energy" to the bottom of the outside of the bottle to retain the charge? We know that words and ideas sent into water are retained and they have an effect of the energy of the water. I think writing storm water to enforce the storm energies after being filtered might actually. Plus I think if the filtering is happening outside with the storm still going on (in an enclosed space or lean to shelter) will also give the filtered water some additional storm energy.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Have any of you ever worked with Rose water? That was actually the first magical water I ever made (when I was 13) though I really had no idea what I was doing at the time.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

loona wynd wrote:Maybe write a paper saying "storm energy" to the bottom of the outside of the bottle to retain the charge? We know that words and ideas sent into water are retained and they have an effect of the energy of the water.
À la Emoto's work, good point!

And here's a related video I posted today: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 26642.html

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Kassandra wrote: À la Emoto's work, good point.
Water has very interesting properties. Its no wonder that it takes very well to being charged magically for basically any purpose you can think of. The movie What The Bleep do We know gave me a lot to think about working with water. It even made me think of how I could basically use my drinking water for any and all magical needs I really have.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I had collected rain water on the 1st of March (the dark moon) and we were going to make something with it on the next dark moon March 30th...then I saw Kassandra's post on the nuclear plume coming our direction, so I presume all the water that rained on us was on the uptake out over the poisonous Pacific Ocean,
and now has distributed that radiation
all over us :evilwitch:
I think I'm going to be ill..... Image Image

I want to say just boil it, but that won't work on radiation Image

It makes me real sad.Image..I remember the days of backpacking and you just brought your cup along and stuck it in under the waterfalls as you go, now you need purification tablets, even at 11,000 feet up in the SierrasImage ...it would appear as though there is no safe water..., none.
I wanted to stick this in there since we are on the topic of water...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardia_lamblia

Ok so...yeah, back to boiling. ...what's a Witch to do?
We still will make something with the rain water...something Black Moon related, just not sure what yet...any ideas?
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

firebirdflys wrote: We still will make something with the rain water...something Black Moon related, just not sure what yet...any ideas?
BB, FF
Well hmm. I consider the black moon to be really good for banishing, hexes, revenge, removal, and also new beginnings. I'm thinking something sort of defensive maybe. Or maybe put that potential radiation aspect to use and think of it as banishing things you dont want. Those are two ideas I have right there.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

loona wynd wrote:Or maybe put that potential radiation aspect to use and think of it as banishing things you dont want.
Hahahahaha. OK. Only a true --and rather resourceful, I might add-- witch would think to actually incorporate nuclear radiation as a banishing spell ingredient! You are the real thing, loona wynd, hahahaha.

Oh my god, that was great. I love it. That just made my day, totally. [I wish there were a "lmao" emoticon I could insert here]

I think that's a viable option, firebirdflys, reserve your radioactive rainwater for baneful work...

lol

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Kassandra wrote:
loona wynd wrote:Or maybe put that potential radiation aspect to use and think of it as banishing things you dont want.
Hahahahaha. OK. Only a true --and rather resourceful, I might add-- witch would think to actually incorporate nuclear radiation as a banishing spell ingredient! You are the real thing, loona wynd, hahahaha.
:oops: I just gave a few ideas that came into my head based on my intuition and the information I was given to work with. In all honesty sometimes I am better at giving advice and insight on possible ways of doing things and working with things than I am at actually using my own information sources.
Kassandra wrote:Oh my god, that was great. I love it. That just made my day, totally. [I wish there were a "lmao" emoticon I could insert here]
I have seen a ROFL emote. How about this instead: blue_laugh ? I can see how it would be a laugh. It was also a serious input.
Kassandra wrote:I think that's a viable option, firebirdflys, reserve your radioactive rainwater for baneful work...
lol
The idea of using radiation for removal actually for me came from the idea of a type of radiation that is supposed to be helpful (and does help but also destroys healthy cells). The radiation used in chemotherapy destroys or works to destroy and eliminate the cancerous cells. However it also damages the healthy cells in the area (hence some of the severe sickness that people get and why sometimes the damage from chemo is greater than the Cancer damage).

I figured if that sort of radiation could be used for a healing or health procedure that destroys (one of the reasons I believe that in real healing you often have to destroy something to create the healing or to allow the healing to begin) than perhaps nuclear radiation that was absorbed in the water and gathered under a baneful moon could also be used to destroy or remove things that are undesirable.

I also find that in general all forms of radiation have negatively charged energy naturally. It may be because radioactivity and radioactive materials that cause radiation issues are typically generated through destructive means (fusion is destructive if you understand the process). Why not put the natural energy of the radiation to use for yourself?
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

loona wynd wrote:It was also a serious input.
Indeed. In all seriousness, I was feeling rather bummed out after I wrote my posts above. But, your perceptive insights on this subject, loona wynd, besides bringing the smile to my face (because I found the suggestions so clever), I also found to be very empowering. They really did make me feel a lot better because you reminded me that there are some things we could do, on a personal level, to counteract the environment-killing things happening around us. I needed that. ~ Thank you ~

And now, I guess we'd better return to our discussion about "magical waters and washes."

:wink: So, how 'bout that Peace Water, Black Cat Water, and Four Thieves Vinegar, Dark Moon?....

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Kassandra wrote:.
Indeed. In all seriousness, I was feeling rather bummed out after I wrote my posts above. But, your perceptive insights on this subject, loona wynd, besides bringing the smile to my face (because I found the suggestions so clever), I also found to be very empowering. They really did make me feel a lot better because you reminded me that there are some things we could do, on a personal level, to counteract the environment-killing things happening around us. I needed that. ~ Thank you ~
Like I said if the water already has a negative sort of charge because of the radiation why not put it to some use. I can see using it for pollution (as in banishing pollution or causes of pollution). I could also see it being used for protection and for defense. I would consider the water collected from radiated waters to be "hot" water so thats why I figured banishing, jinxing, hexing, and removals of things. Negative energy can be used for positive means.
Kassandra wrote:.And now, I guess we'd better return to our discussion about "magical waters and washes."
Well discussing charging water that has radiation in it for me does count as working with a form of magical water. Given the context we were asked how the water could be used magically given the possible radiation. I don't see how we have diverged from the topic at all.
Kassandra wrote::wink: So, how 'bout that Peace Water, Black Cat Water, and Four Thieves Vinegar, Dark Moon?....
I was thinking today that maybe anointing some points on the globe with peace water or chill out/cool down water would be a good thing to do. I thought of peace water because well there are several regions at war and some on the brink of war right now. In one of those cases nuclear war could be a side effect (and I live in a first strike target both because of Portsmith Navel base and because of Bath Iron works). It seems right now that applying peace water to the globe as a way to try and at least cool things off for a while might work.

I do believe that witches can work magic for global changes. I also believe that my example and thought of using peace water in that way on the globe is one way we can work to try and create a better world. Now I realistically wouldn't expect something grand like instant world peace, but movement towards calming down areas with high tensions (Russia and the Ukraine, Iran and Isreal, etc) would be nice to see.

I just don't have any peace water myself.

Return to “Folk Magick”