Mojo Bags

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Mojo Bags

Post by loona wynd »

Mojo bags are something I have explored once or twice. I have made one for prosperity and success in job interviews and one for love. The one I made for job placement and prosperity was the first one I made on my own. It worked just the long way around by having to go through a few jobs to find the right one. i was wondering what tips anyone had for making mojo bags?
-Dark-Moon-

Re: Herb Spell Bags

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Was just wondering what herbs you used for your prosperity bag?

My main tip would be to take numerology into account, and to talk to it often.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:Was just wondering what herbs you used for your prosperity bag?
It wasn't just herbs. There was also Iron Pyrite in there, his hair, and a nickle or coin of some sort. I remember the herb being Mustard Seed and I think dandelion root or leaf (not sure which it was). I remember blessing the bag and telling it who it was for. I remember placing the bag under my fiance's pillow for more luck and so he would carry the next day in his pocket.
-Dark-Moon- wrote:My main tip would be to take numerology into account, and to talk to it often.
numerology huh..I've never worked with numerology before. It seemed like an overly complex system of associations for me.
EmberMau

Post by EmberMau »

I have something similar to mojo bags that I make with the use of herbs that are sprinkled lightly in with an object that is symbolic of my intention.
A good money mojo bag might consist of:

1 tiny, green or gold cloth bag
1 sprinkle alfalfa
1 sprinkle of bistort (looks a little like lavender)
1 sprinkle of basil
3 silver coins
1 Gold cord or tie to tie up the bag

The herbs do have their associations with bringing in money however if you need to substitute for another herb that is fine. The main thing is the intention. I also would keep mine hidden in drawer or under a pillow.
Give it a little rhyme or chant with a green candle. You can even write the chant down on a tiny piece of paper and close it up in the bag. However, you see the spell bag working for you.

Coins of Silver and of gold
Bring to me wealth untold
Fortune find its way to me
Bring me money three times three!

I haven't tried money spell bags but other spell or mojo bags that have worked.
:fairy:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Nice money mojo spell, EmberMau, thanks.

EmberMau

Post by EmberMau »

Yay. smiley_dance :fairy:
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

One concept that keeps coming up in my Hoodoo/Conjure sources is feeding the mojo bags. I dont quite understand this concept. Can any one explain it to me?

Return to “Folk Magick”