Talismans, Charms, Gris-Gris

American Folk Magick, Hoodoo, Appalachian Granny Magic, Ozark Mountain Magic, Pow-wow Magic, and other types of folk magick are discussed here.
Earth Ritual

Talismans, Charms, Gris-Gris

Post by Earth Ritual »

Hey Hey Everybody,

I have two questions about talismans, charms, gris-gris, frequency amplifiers, mojo bags, etc.

1. Have you personally had success using this type of magic? If so, please share your story. If not, do you know people who have had success or perhaps stories of how this magic could be applied in a hypothetical scenario?

2. Are you aware of any books or resources that teach about the uses of different animals parts for talismans like chicken feet, intestines, bones, feathers, hair, teeth, testicles, you name it?

!Thanks!
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I made a very powerful talisman once. Briefly it contained pure gold I found, (and about an ounce of it) a heart shaped rock I found, a crystal someone gave me, and some red thread I found. I wanted it to bring love to whoever had it. I prayed over it all night.

I ended up giving it away to an evil gypsy palm/tarot reader who just kept the rock and sold the crystal and gold. Oh well... but I never had a chance to see if it worked.

Almost anything can serve as a talisman or be put into one of these "mojo" bags. Just be sure to cleanse and bless all items. You'll find that some items work but usually the purer the substance the better they'll work (such as crystals, stones, gold, herbs, etc.)

Much love,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Also, when using animal parts I'd ask the spirit of the animal and try to feel if it's saying that it's ok or not. Sounds weird but you wouldn't want a dead animal haunting your talisman. Certain things bring protection or luck, you'll have to do research on each item and then put them together to make a combination or amplify the same intentions. It can be fun. Just experiment.

In the voodoo book I had there was a section on talismans which talked about different configurations, but I'm sure you can find this on google.

Much love,
Y0m
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Thanks for sharing you insights Y0m. I'm so attracted to using animal parts right now. I've made bags with herbs and stones for health, self-love, and getting a job. All of these things worked though I feel like I'm reaching a limit. Maybe this is a misunderstanding of how to combine talismanic frequencies with big rituals and other technologies.

I feel like I can amp these frequencies higher with the usage pure substances as you suggested and a more precise method of charging. I wonder would building an orgone generator help.

In this city I have searched every book store for books on voodoo and found two. But there are hundreds on Wicca. I wonder why?

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Concerning orgone I was drawn to this site a while ago:
http://www.orgonecrystals.com/

They have a pretty cool forum here, which should give you more info:
http://www.warriormatrix.com/index.php? ... aecb846043

You are correct in seeing that their is a limit to what you can get from these things. These people have taken a scientific approach to all of this. Pretty cool stuff.

Voodoo is seen as dark magic, but it contains both. There is a lot of evidence to back it up, and I kind of see Wicca as a good side to magic. Haha, but the voodoo people are more daring and therefore may make important discoveries for both the good and bad parts of magic. Information shouldn't be censored but it definitely is.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Thanks for the references. I will check them out.

I've seen some strong correlations between masonic symbolism and voodoo veves. What if I found out someone like Obama, a 33rd degree mason, knows some of the spirits of the deep? :lol: :shock:

Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

I have a charm in my car for protection from bodily injury. I was in an accident not too long ago, almost went off a bridge that is 200 feet above train tracks. Anyways, I have a BMW which is very much like a minature tank and my four door became a two door. The trunk lock was embedded in the back of my head rest, my steering wheel and front axel broken in half. My car rolled and spun several times across two lanes, like a ping pong ball in between those 3 foot cement barriers. It was really bad, but I did not even have a paper cut size mark on me. No aches or pains.

I could give you the ingredients and process if you are interested.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

WHOA! :shock:
I am sorry you were in an accident and I am very happy you are still around for your family and to play with us.

And
HELL YEAH I'd love to know the ingredients and the process! Thank you for offering!

Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Stephanie Mae I'm sorry to hear that you had an accident like that, but I'm happy that you went through this unharmed! I too would like to know about this charm,seems very useful.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
Hexima

Post by Hexima »

hi all,

i have a taismens, i have the goddess and the god and a pentagram which i never take it off, it's protected me in the past and the future. I was walking on the crosswalk and this car hit me and i landed on his hood of his car. i walked away with no bruises or cuts. the bastered was more worried about his damn car, i said u trying to kill me? or u to dumb this is a cross walk? the guy said i'll hit u harder next time and he got into his car and drove away.
:D Blessed Be :D
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

hey Hexima,
very cool the talisman protected you
very f*cked up that guys was so sh*ty.
thank you for sharing your experience.

Return to “Folk Magick”