Moon Experiences

For all things "moon", your guide to magical moon work, moon phases, etc.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Re: Moon Experiences

Post by Mr Crowley »

Light feedback about the super moon. I skipped last night because, the best I could tell, today's the full moon. They predicted full cloud-cover for tonight and, sure enough, it was. I like to charge my balls, five of them--three 3”, one 4”, and one 6”--but it isn't that important, so I don't get upset if it doesn't happen. Based on this afternoon and radar, I planed on a wash, or I should say, cloud-out.

I took a peek outside, and there was a break in the clouds. I always charge in the backyard because I have full privacy. But the moon was too low, so I charged on the front step and, with the 6”, it's like carting a bowling ball around. As soon as I was on the steps, a guy was walking his dog by the house. Bark-bark-bark! No. Not the dog! The guy on the end of leash. So we chat some, with me trying to hide the bowling ball in my lap. I'm glad he stayed on the sidewalk because it wouldn't have been unusual for the guy to have walked up to the house because it's that type of neighborhood.

Next, the traffic was like an interstate. I live in a quiet neighborhood, 2 to 3 cars an hour is the norm. I managed to get a good soak on the 6”, the 4” got a taste, and one 3” got some light-cloud. So it panned out better than I anticipated.

I might as well post here and see where it goes: Are unicorns out of style? One of those 70's thing?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I sympathize with toting around a crystal bowling ball. :D. Poor you. I haven't moon bathed my quartz sphere in a while. You've reminded me.

Unicorns never go out of style!
Deerstep

Post by Deerstep »

Wow, Moon experiences.
Ahhh... best time of the month to go camping.

I'm a little on the weird side, I celebrate my esbats by taking a huge 15-mile hike to the mouth of the canyon and rolling out a sleeping bag/trail blanket. Sometimes I'll do a ritual, but other times I just meditate and then go to sleep. Without a tent, weather permitting.

My first experience with a full moon, though, was when I was 10. Back before I forgot about fairies and unicorns (which I still love, to this day! Unicorns are always awesome!) I was still devout Mormon, a 'good little girl'. I was camping out in my grandma's backyard with my brothers and my cousin, and for some strange reason, I felt the strong urge to go further into my grandma's garden, and pray. It was a beautiful full moon night, and I doubt I'll ever forget it.

I just... felt so loved. I don't even remember what I was praying about, but everything just felt so right. When I found witchcraft, I thought that I'd stick with the theme and it hasn't let me down since.
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Is any one on the forum in the path of the tonight's lunar eclipse? Any visuals?
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Ever since we moved outside if the south east side of town, the visuals of the moon have been awesome! Last night no different! Very large, and bright, with almost a hint of orange to it. Next time I'll take pictures. I never think to take pictures of anything but my dogs! Haha

Rosie
Deerstep

Post by Deerstep »

There was a lunar eclipse? Shoot, I must've missed it! :(
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

We missed it visually as it was raining here, but we worked with the energy and it had a feel of all the phases in a several hour time span.
Was a "sweet" eve, that culminated in a honey jar spell. :fairy:
Eclipsing moon
Eclipsing moon
120px-Moon_eclipse.gif (103.2 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Awesome! Thanks for sharing; it gives me a feeling of calm and peace.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

I absolutely can never get enough of the moon. When we're in a full moon phase it's even hard for me to drive because i get really distracted..Theres been many times when Ive driven across town just to get a better view..nothing else has ever given me the same energy like almost very empowering and influencial. I'll feel like anything i put my mind to is possible.This is a large part of the reason I've decided to explore my connection with all of nature.

Return to “Working with the Moon”