moon phases and astronomy signs

For all things "moon", your guide to magical moon work, moon phases, etc.
Ravenstar

moon phases and astronomy signs

Post by Ravenstar »

How would I tell the phases and sign the moon is in, would a witch calendar or witches facebook etc. Say all that? When you get good at it do you still have to look it up or you just know? The phases of the moon, are they always in the same sign? I have heard certain signs have certain characteristics like the phase of the moon. I am not understanding it. Can you explain please. Thanx and Blessings. :flyingwitch:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: moon phases and astronomy signs

Post by SnowCat »

That's a good question. I hope someone can answer it. I've looked at calendars that tell me the moon phase, but not with the astrological component. Astrology is an area I'm really not familiar with.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp
I find that helpful; it says a lot on mouse over.
*Blessed Be*
Ravenstar

Post by Ravenstar »

Thank you. Is the 1st Quaker a waning moon? Blessings.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I think some of the daily witch almanacs would give you this information.
Siona

Post by Siona »

Ravenstar wrote:Thank you. Is the 1st Quaker a waning moon? Blessings.
Do you mean first quarter? That's when the moon is waxing, it's when the moon is halfway between new and full - new to full is waxing. Third quarter (or last quarter) is when the moon is halfway between full and new - that whole time period after the full moon and before the new is when the moon is waning.

Also, just to toss it out there, I've really found http://www.timeanddate.com/ to be helpful. It doesn't do astrological signs, but under the "sun and moon" tab you can find the moonrise, moonset, moon phases, moon altitude, and all sorts of neat things like length of day/night, sunrise/set, solar noon, equinoxes and solstices. Helps with planning rituals and such sometimes, if you're looking to do something right at sunset, or exactly at solar noon, or a few hours after the moon is up, or any of that sort of thing.

Return to “Working with the Moon”