What effect does the moon have

For all things "moon", your guide to magical moon work, moon phases, etc.
The Beginer

Post by The Beginer »

People always talk about feeling energy I'm trying to do my best to learn as much as I can and as fast as I can so I'm starting with the moon so please tell me what effect each stage has on us. Thank you :D
YanaKhan

Re: what effect does the moon have

Post by YanaKhan »

Are you talking about feeling the energy of the Moon?
Because if so, there are many people that don't really feel that energy, myself included. Many of my friends for example can't sleep during the full moon and constantly complain about it. And they look at me like I'm an alien when I say it doesn't have any effect on me whatsoever.
There is, however a connection between magickal workings and the Moon. For example if you cast a spell that suggests a new start, it's best to perform it during waxing moon. If you cast a spell to end something or maybe banish something, the waning moon helps. In my experience, beauty rituals work best during the full moon.
There are other correspondences as well, you may find this site interesting: http://www.thewhitegoddess.co.uk/moon_p ... _magic.asp
And finally, I guess it takes time to fully feel the energy. Don't rush yourself and be patient, you'll get there :)
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I think everyone feels the energy of the moon differently. To me it has a very strong calming effect (just like water does). My element is water, and we know that the moon effects the ocean tides. And as we are mostly water, it makes sense that some of us feel pulled by the moon. When Im near water like the ocean or a big lake, I feel very calm, meditative yet focused. The moon does the same for me.

Some people find during a full moon that they have lots of energy, they feel anxious, unable to sleep etc. Like too much energy in their bodies.

I would just pay attention to how you feel during the different moon phases, especially the full moon when its energy and power are the strongest. Then think of how you can use that energy during those phases.

As for spells/workings

New Moon - time of renewal, new beginning, great time to start new goals or work to draw positive things into your life
Waxing Moon - use this time to bring things into your life that you want
Full Moon - any working can be done at this time, the moon is at its most powerful. Great time to cleanse and recharge anything like crystals or even your self. Take a full moon bath
Waning Moon - time to get rid of anything in your life that is no longer serving you, or to remove/banish
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm one of those who can't sleep during full moons (gnashing of teeth), and my menstrual cycle was tied to the moon cycles, until menopause. many people garden by the moon which is a whole study in itself. Just like the gravity of the moon impacts ocean tides, it affects water levels in plants and our bodies.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: What effect does the moon have

Post by SpiritTalker »

I picked up a cheap $2.00 used copy of "Moon Spells-How to Use the Phases of the Moon to Get What You Want" by Diane Ahlquist, which is a nice little book in spite of the long title. It is just as stated. No rituals, no special beliefs or ingredients. Just the Moon and it's influences.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I’m doing some moon research and looking through old posts tonight and I’m laughing at the title of your book @spirittalker :D moon phases and how to use them to get what you want, how sassy! Lol!

Rosie
moondustandunicorns

Re: What effect does the moon have

Post by moondustandunicorns »

I've always felt a magnetic pulling toward the moon, especially when it's full. I could sit out and stare at it for hours.

Unfortunately, I'm in a northern climate so the time when I can most clearly see the moon is either late at night or during early evening in the winter when it's quite cold.

I can remember when I was younger, my family lived on an acreage and the bathroom had a large window in it. Taking a bath on the full moon was my favourite thing to do. I loved the way the light of the moon looked on my skin and through the water.

Return to “Working with the Moon”