Upcoming Lunar eclipse April 2014

For all things "moon", your guide to magical moon work, moon phases, etc.
-Dark-Moon-

Upcoming Lunar eclipse April 2014

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

15 Apr 2014 Lunar - total

Visible in - West in Asia, East in North America, Parts of South America, Australia

I usually do workings for eclipses, especially lunar ones. I thought I would post to discuss the relevant influences and possible workings.

Working an eclipse when it is visible is a truly magical experience. I'd encourage all those who have not tried it to give it a go. In my experience, the eclipse does not have to be visible to you to harness its magic, but it is amazing if you can manage this.

Here's the nasa website showing times

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OH2014.html

This moon is one of four upcoming 'blood moons' (a tetrad), which has Judeo-Christian significance but is not related to the use of the term 'blood moon' in the pagan sense, which in the northern hemisphere happens in October.

A blood moon is when the Earth comes between the sun and the moon, and the sun is shining through the atmosphere of the Earth and casts up on the moon a red shadow. And so the moon appears to be red.

Such moons appear several times in scripture, and the religious significance of this event coincides with Jewish Passover, and the fourth coincides with the feast of tabernacles.

Here are the astrological influences for this event
image.jpg
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tetrad of Lunar Eclipses

Post by Xiao Rong »

[I was silly and missed Dark Moon's post which had much the same information ... so I am merging my thread with hers. Oops!]

This is really neat! There will be 4 total lunar eclipses in rapid succession (relatively speaking) in the next few years:
The action starts on April 15th when the full Moon passes through the amber shadow of Earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad—a series of 4 consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six month intervals. The total eclipse of April 15, 2014, will be followed by another on Oct. 8, 2014, and another on April 4, 2015, and another on Sept. 28 2015.

"The most unique thing about the 2014-2015 tetrad is that all of them are visible for all or parts of the USA," says longtime NASA eclipse expert Fred Espenak.
Very cool for those of us who live in the Northern Hemisphere (can't speak for the Southern Hemisphere, sorry).

This is unusual because ...
Usually, lunar eclipses come in no particular order. A partial can be followed by a total, followed by a penumbral, and so on. Anything goes. Occasionally, though, the sequence is more orderly. When four consecutive lunar eclipses are all total, the series is called a tetrad.

"During the 21st century, there are 9 sets of tetrads, so I would describe tetrads as a frequent occurrence in the current pattern of lunar eclipses," says Espenak. "But this has not always been the case. During the three hundred year interval from 1600 to 1900, for instance, there were no tetrads at all."
Any thoughts on how to use these cool lunar energies?
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
-Dark-Moon-

Re: Tetrad of Lunar Eclipses

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Ya! See my earlier post about this - maybe you missed it halfsm

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 26546.html
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tetrad of Lunar Eclipses

Post by Xiao Rong »

Oops, haha - I must have missed the latter part of your posts about the tetrad, because I was reading too quickly ... Time for a thread merge!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
BabyBear

Re: Upcoming Lunar eclipse April 2014

Post by BabyBear »

just out of curiosity cus ive never practiced during an eclipse but what type of spell work is strongest during this time ???
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Depends on the type of eclipse. This is a very brief look at how I work with them.

For example, will it be lunar or solar? Is it partial or total?

All lunar eclipses occur on full moons, which occur in particular astrological signs each month, each having different 'energies'... And mansions if you follow Vedic. Lunar correlates to Goddess aspect, as Solar to God aspect.

I see eclipses about being ready for a change. The effects/influences can often be felt for 6 months afterwards. Some can feel a bit destabilising, disorienting and this relates to the 'shadows of darkness' falling across the moon or sun during the event, accessing hidden places in the psyche, which can relate to unfaced fears or an unlived life. Messages will be delivered within 4 days of a lunar eclipse. In the case of a solar this is a new moon void. The feeling of an eclipse is ancient, and solars often elicit feelings of primal fear - the birds stop chirping, day to night, etc etc.

With total lunar eclipses you can use the energy to 'eclipse' something from your life. When the light returns, you can recover something 'hidden', as the Goddess becomes one (progressing through all aspects, which one could conceptualise as maiden/mother/crone, or a complete lunar cycle (total lunar eclipse).

In a lunar eclipse the full moon is always the alignment of the sun and moon in opposite zodiac signs. Eclipse series repeat in a sign every 9 years, but will repeat to exact date and mathematical degree every 19 years. Eclipses tend to come in pairs. They have a mysterious, underworld quality. The moon is often orange or red.

Solar influences - the effect is major change if it occurs near your birthday. (Sun in your sign). Solar eclipses always occur on the new moon. They can also be useful for getting rid of things, or letting go, but solar eclipses are especially associated with new beginnings. these can be dramatic, and the changes usually occur by next birthday. You can also think of them as divine union, an alchemical wedding where the sun marries the moon. We had a total solar eclipse last year, and during it I was on a deserted beach and looked down during totality, to find a hag stone (stone with a hole in it). Solar eclipses can be very transformative, and I often have a sense of renewal after any eclipse, although I've only witnessed one total solar eclipse which had some odd astrological correspondences associated with it.

Hope this helps. I've provided the astrological chart for the next one, so you can all think about the influences.

There is no right or wrong way to work with these, but they are powerful. I love lunars the best. If you can get your altar out in the night somewhere with a good view of the event, I promise you will not be disappointed. Even partial eclipses are well worth the effort. You have a real sense of being part of these huge planetary bodies moving in relation to each other. Sometimes they occur right on dawn and are quite fast and for one at one point there were bats flying across the eclipsed moon, followed by a brilliant sunrise and birds chirping!

Be creative, have fun with it. Experiment. The best way to learn about practicing magic is to practice magic.

Blessings Dark Moon.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

thanks that actually helps alot and falls right into something ive been contemplating and studying up on and you have just given me the perfect night to not just do one of the three things ive been thinking on but all three
*hugs*
thank you so much Dark Moon
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

No problems always happy to help :)
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I want to try to get up and check this out. Not sure if Ill do any kind of ritual/spells etc. Maybe, we'll see.

But I know its going to be a powerful time.
AnaisStar

Re: Full Moon Tomorrow!!

Post by AnaisStar »

Last full moon I did a little ceremony to honor Selene as Ive started working with her. And I did a little prosperity spell.

This one (also a lunar eclipse) is going to be strong so I want to do something special. Maybe for Lakshmi or Apollo. Cleanse and charge my crystals/tools.

Unless I come up with something bigger. I read this lunar eclipse is a good time to let go of stuff that is not serving you, and to claim your power. So if I can think of something to do around that I will.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hey, this was today.

AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I did a little ritual for Lakshmi during this.
Vroomer

Post by Vroomer »

My daughter was born on 4-15-14. About 5 hours after the eclipse's peak of 3am EST.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Vroomer wrote:My daughter was born on 4-15-14. About 5 hours after the eclipse's peak of 3am EST.
Thats really cool. Congrats on the new addition to your family.

Return to “Working with the Moon”