Mood Moon Interactive Chart

For all things "moon", your guide to magical moon work, moon phases, etc.
Alura Noel

Mood Moon Interactive Chart

Post by Alura Noel »

'

Mood Moon chart start.PNG
Click the above picture to see the text. You may have to zoom in with your browser to see the directions better.

Printable Mood Moon Chart
Mood Moon Chart printable.PNG

I thought this would be an interesting experiment to track and see if moods are cyclical.

'
WiccanWitch

Re: Mood Moon Interactive Chart

Post by WiccanWitch »

With females hard to rule out hormonal cycles for cyclical patterns as well as they tend to be pretty close to same length as moon cycles. Interesting that now that I mentioned it. Lol.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

It is an interesting concept. It wouldn't work for me because artistically I would want to make it rainbow colorful. And, I don't associate colors with negative emotions (I love blue, red, green, yellow, brown, purple, etc.) so none have the association with something like "wow, work was stressful today" or "I'm angry about this" or really any other negative emotion I might feel. Colors generally make me happy. Rainbow hued wheels with moon symbols would be fun to color and make me feel happy though. :)

For me to accurately track moods, I would need to write a few words next to each moon symbol.
Myrth
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think it's a good idea and wish I had a printer. I know my moods are cyclical from other forms of tracking I've done. I called it my Moon bowl, and put a pebble in the bowl at New Moon, then added one each day as the moon waxed, and took one away as it waned. I did this for a full year to teach myself sensitivity to lunar rhythms. I kept a notebook next to the bowl and noted weather, moon phase, how I felt. If nothing else it showed me I can do something daily for a year! :mrgreen:

After that I promised myself I would meditate 10minutes every day unless I was hospitalized and unconscious. and wouldn't you know, I was conscious the one time I was hospitalized, so no excuses. I promised.
IsaacIcarus

Post by IsaacIcarus »

SpiritTalker, that's a really cool idea! I might try doing that myself, I would love to get more in tune to the natural cycles.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well hey, give it a try. No time like the present. Those charts at the top of this discussion would be simple to use.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

--- so agree with myrth --- :D
BB

Blue Moon
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I love this chart and have used it in all the folder packages for new apprentices who are doing the lunar study for their 2nd degree. It's great how it really shows the moon in its darkness for three days. It takes a good deal of discipline to be present for a year to observed the Moon and where it is in its cycle and to chart its course and location across the sky in every month throughout the year.
Kuddos to you Spirit Talker!
I like the additional "mood" you were feeling at that time...I may add that to the course study, makes a great deal of sense.
Bb, Firebird
Really miss the OP wish she would return.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

I find this a very interesting exercise. I've been taking notes on my cycle and moods for some time now and I think it will be very interesting to see if I can find any connection to moon phases, too.
The good thing is that I feel quite comfortable about this exercise, as it doesn't contain any supernatural elements. So it may be a good place to start.

Return to “Working with the Moon”