Altar question and spell casting question

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
WinterRose

Altar question and spell casting question

Post by WinterRose »

Just a couple of questions...

I don’t have an altar, when I have cast spells previously, I just cast my circle and do all the work inside that with no altar - have I been doing it wrong this whole time? Do I need an altar?

And when in the middle of spell work, when you are speaking out loud, if you make a mistake as in missing a line of a chant for example, will it still work if I start again? Say my chant had 6 lines and I accidentally went to line 5 before 4, do I just start again?

I may be thinking too hard about things but I just never know if I’m doing it correctly.

Thank you.

Edit to say I think I may have posted this in the wrong section. I was just reading all the questions in the FAQ section and then posted my question. Sorry if it’s in the wrong spot.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Altar question and spell casting question

Post by SpiritTalker »

An altar has spiritual meaning & places the gear symbolically to direct our thoughts, but no, you don’t need an altar for magic, just a place to work; it’s OK to set up on a cloth on the floor or use a work table to hold gear. Not everybody uses a circle either.
. A wand, blade, cup, pentacle represent air, fire, water, earth and the expendable supplies of incense - candle & oil - H2O - salt also represent air, fire, water & earth. A symbol is just a reminder.

Chants are very forgiving because they are meant to repeat again & again so there’s opportunities to say it right on the next round. Otherwise just correct what you said so the intent is clear. Clear intent is what works.

Your post is OK where it is because “do we need an altar?” Is frequently asked. :)
WinterRose

Post by WinterRose »

Thank you so much, that clears both questions up perfectly. I actually do want to make an altar; I just haven’t got one yet but it’s going to be my next project. And that’s good about the chants and making a mistake - I always wondered if maybe I had blown the whole thing if I made a little mistake.

Thanks for the quick answers! I appreciate it.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

:D

Return to “F.A.Q.”