Concerned Mother

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Soda

Concerned Mother

Post by Soda »

I have 2 boys and have been separated from my ex for 5 years now.
I picked up my 2 children from their fathers this evening to be told My eldest (he's 10), was not at school the last few days due to stomach pain, headaches, fatigue.
I suffer from anxiety and am now beginning to believe my son does. These symptoms are not new (has complained of stomach pains before) but seem to be manifesting themselves lately.
Should I try a spell or place something in his room or provide him with a grounding/calming crystal to have on his person or all of the above???
I don't want him to go through the level.of anxiety I have been through.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Concerned Mother

Post by Firebird »

It's never too soon to teach children the art of meditation. Try and find some short ones geared for the child's age range, you will benefit too. Using stones as grounding tools would be an excellent way to help him cope also and perhaps facilitate the meditation. If you want to do a spell get him involved, something simple like a charged stone or some other item he likes. Let him feel like he has some control over this.

I do not know the full scope of the separation between you and ex, but something might be going on at the fathers house that isn't sitting well with the boy and it is manifesting in illness. Ask him if he would like to talk to someone about it if he isn't comfortable talking to you.
blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Soda

Re: Concerned Mother

Post by Soda »

firebirdflys wrote:It's never too soon to teach children the art of meditation. Try and find some short ones geared for the child's age range, you will benefit too. Using stones as grounding tools would be an excellent way to help him cope also and perhaps facilitate the meditation. If you want to do a spell get him involved, something simple like a charged stone or some other item he likes. Let him feel like he has some control over this.

I do not know the full scope of the separation between you and ex, but something might be going on at the fathers house that isn't sitting well with the boy and it is manifesting in illness. Ask him if he would like to talk to someone about it if he isn't comfortable talking to you.
blessings, Firebird

Thank you firebirdflys.
I actually think he would love to meditate.
I left the marriage and my eldest was almost 6 at the time. He is generally a quiet boy and I feel keeps a lot to himself (as I used to at his age). I have asked him that he can talk to me anytime but perhaps I could suggest he talk to someone else.

Some suggestions on grounding stones ?amethyst?tourmaline...

Thank you

Return to “F.A.Q.”