How do I start?

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Kaelie111

How do I start?

Post by Kaelie111 »

Hi, I'm 13 years old and new to the Wiccan community, or should I say I'd like to be part of the Wiccan community. I wanted to be a witch since such a long time. It's been about a week since I started doing intensive research about Wicca, its tradition, etc... (sometimes even until very late at night). I unfortunately did not find any clear information to start. I would need a lot of advice about this religion and especially about the "divine". I have a lot of trouble understanding details and finding an article that explains everything, without exceptions. I really hope I'll soon find answers. I thank everyone very much! XX
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How do I start?

Post by SpiritTalker »

This question gets asked a lot & for each person it's pretty individual because we all start from a different place & have dif interests.

Nature is generally perceived as divine. Wicca has two deities: The Goddess and The God that represent Nature & they go by 1000 names. They are understood as being nature itself and as Beings all at the same time. Many get lost in the quagmire of pagan pantheons & lose sight of the basics. There's no one agreed upon dogma, no one-size-fits-all teaching. The customary introductory period is a year &'a day & self-guided as a solitary witch. Make a list of what you observe about your intuitive gifts - true-dreams, gut-feelings, empathy, sensing energies. Use your gifts to sense youths genius loci, the spirit of the place you’re at. Make another list of what you want to learn. Follow your interests.

Study suggestions
. The texts Charge of the Goddess and Wiccan Rede Long form for guidelines
. Triple moon goddess 🌛🌕🌜 and 🦌 horned god represent forces of Nature
. Holidays are Earth’s cycles 🎃Samhain, ⛄️Yule, 🦔Imbolc, 🔥Beltane, ☀️Litha, 🍞Lammas

Personalized starter kit
. Rub a few kitchen herbs then smell each. Sweet scents 🌺 can be used for love, citrusy 🍋 for cleansing, forest 🌲 for prosperity, spicy🌶 for protection. Use herbs in cooking, for sprinkling powders, for potions & sachets.
. Collect a few stones with unique markings⚡️or shapes💛. Use banded stones for wishes, and those with a natural hole have been good lick amulets since ancient times. Hold & stroke a stone while repeating your incantation and body-swaying to aid trance & desired conditions. (Ref. Cecil Williamson, Museum of WitchCraft)
. Gear represents elements: 🔽 🍸H2O cup, ⏹🧂salt purifies, 🔼🕯candles &⚱️oil hold psychic charge, ⏏️💨incense/aerosol

Basic skills
. Strengthen focus by holding your gaze on a candle 🔥flame’s colors & dance until it’s all you see. Then add counted breathwork.
. Practice moving energy by holding your palms facing but not touching. Focus between them. Pull your power to your belly on the breath. Push energy from the belly & to your hands 👏🏽 & notice push-back & tingling.
. Circle: Broom-sweep a circular area widdershins 🔄 to cleanse; then walk deosil ↩️, 👆🏽point & project the circle. End where you started. Air-draw an invoking ↙️⭐️ to start. A simple circle holds your energy in, keeps out conflicts & dissipates when walked through. Air draw a banishing ↗️⭐️ to end the rite. Ground yourself for stability.

Re: spells
. Choose ingredients related to the goal by element, properties, appearance, or scent.
. Speak incantations aloud sayIng only what the results will be & don’t say what you don’t want.
. Know your intent: to attract, to repel, to enchant something; feel it in the belly, breathe, & push.
. Methods - Bag/sachet, bottle, candle, chant, cord/knot, petitions, potion, sigils
. Do as you will but harm none, so be it done.

Elemental Correspondence

⏏️ E-Air - 🪄, incense or aerosol; yellow; 🟡, intellect; marjoram, mint, sage; 🔔,🪶,🦅, bubbles; tiger eye, citrine
🔼 S-Fire - 🗡, oil, 🕯candle; 🔴; vitality, partnership; bay, basil, rosemary, pepper; 🐉; carnelian, red jasper
🔽 W-Water - 🍷; 🔵; emotions, psychism; lemon, 🌹rose, chamomile, thyme; 🐚; turquoise, amazonite
⏹ N-Earth - 🌟 or stone; 🟢; home, prosperity; 🌾grains, mugwort, patchouli, 🧂salt; hematite, jade, aventurine

And welcome aboard.

I was just poking around on the 'net & this looked fairly good on some Wiccan beliefs - http://www.sacred-texts.com/bos/bos215.htm.
barker

Post by barker »

Kaelie111 wrote:Hi, I'm 13 years old and new to the Wiccan community, or should I say I'd like to be part of the Wiccan community. I wanted to be a witch since such a long time. It's been about a week since I started doing intensive research about Wicca, its tradition, etc... (sometimes even until very late at night). I unfortunately did not find any clear information to start. I would need a lot of advice about this religion and especially about the "divine". I have a lot of trouble understanding details and finding an article that explains everything, without exceptions. I really hope I'll soon find answers. I thank everyone very much! XX
When I was young I had a strong belief in magic. I could only suggest that it is a righteous time to be choosing beliefs in anything. It is about unconditional love and the divine.
Kaelie111

Post by Kaelie111 »

barker wrote:
When I was young I had a strong belief in magic. I could only suggest that it is a righteous time to be choosing beliefs in anything. It is about unconditional love and the divine.
Thank you barker
Kaelie111

Post by Kaelie111 »

Thank you alot SpiritTalker!

Envoyé de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hey, you're welcome. Hope it helps.

Some additional references for the deities in their various guises you might find useful in fleshing-out an understanding:

God of Wicca: lord of the Wild Hunt, Lord of the Forest, Lord of the Dance, Lord of the Underworld, Horned One, Sacrifice, Corn King, Hero, Green Man, Goddess's Consort, Oak King-Holly King, Santa Claus.

Goddess of Wicca: Forest Mother, Moon Maid-Mother-Crone, Earth Maiden, Earth Mother, Queen of Elphame, Primordial Star Goddess, Night Huntress, Queen of the Night, Moon Goddess, Mother Goose.

Return to “F.A.Q.”