Wiccan names

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Silas Nightfall

Wiccan names

Post by Silas Nightfall »

I’ve used my screen name for some time now. Even before beginning on my path. While there is nothing wrong with my birth name, I feel compelled to choose a new one, as my path like I’m changing into a new, better version of myself. Any suggestions on how to choose? And if I ask, will an administrator be able to change my username?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wiccan names

Post by Firebird »

there are many ways to choose a name, relating to birth number or astrologic correspondences, numerology and actual name.
Most people choose something they want empowering them on this journey. Some of us get named by others.
You can change your own user name, no problem, but if you change e-mail addresses you will get bumped off the site. Just let Xiao know if you intend to do that so she can sign you back up.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Silas Nightfall

firebirdflys wrote:there are many ways to choose a name, relating to birth number or astrologic correspondences, numerology and actual name.
Most people choose something they want empowering them on this journey. Some of us get named by others.
You can change your own user name, no problem, but if you change e-mail addresses you will get bumped off the site. Just let Xiao know if you intend to do that so she can sign you back up.
BB, FF
Just to be clear, you only get bumped for an email change, right?

I had a dream last night where I had to sign my name and I wrote Silas Nightfall. I’ve always loved the night, and even more in recent days. I woke up saying this name over and over in my head. Opinions?
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I looked for Wiccan names and just decided to use Lilith. It fits me and who I am. :)

I like deity names anyway, such as Aradia and Artemis.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Metaphasic wrote:Just to be clear, you only get bumped for an email change, right?
or if one breaks the rules. But as far as profile changes, ya...that's the only thing
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Silas Nightfall

I have changed my username to Silas Nightfall as I believe I was given the name.

The other night, I laid down to sleep after evening commune and had a dream. I was in a large forest at night and a lady in a brown robe asked me to enter my name on a piece of what looked like papyrus. She said it would make me one with nature and the night. When I wrote my name it was Silas Nightfall.

So that’s who I am now.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

You probably already knew but i was curious as to the meaning of Silas & looked it up:

Silas is based on Sylvanus, the Roman god of trees and was originally bestowed on people who lived in wooded areas or who worked with wood.

So good choice.
Silas Nightfall

SpiritTalker wrote:You probably already knew but i was curious as to the meaning of Silas & looked it up:

Silas is based on Sylvanus, the Roman god of trees and was originally bestowed on people who lived in wooded areas or who worked with wood.

So good choice.
Thanks and thank you for answering my many questions. I understand you’re busy. It means a lot.

Return to “F.A.Q.”