Is Wicca Expensive?I

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Shekinah

Re: Is Wicca Expensive?I

Post by Shekinah »

Real Gods/Goddesses are far beyond silly human passions of vengefulness, anger, intolerance and judgement. Long ago they were as we steeped in the ignorant bliss of infancy but over unfathomable time they have become omnipotent Divinities well aware of the struggles and temptations and ignorance of evolving sentient life forms such as we humans. We have nothing to fear from these emissaries of Spirit. Their only emotion is joy, compassion and unconditional love. Very much unlike the Christian image of God as a vengeful and cruel deity willing to torment for eternity those disobedient to His edicts. The universe does not host such a tyrannical evil divine entity. It exists only in the dark corners of some human minds. Do we torment our cat if it misses the litter box? Is not any God more wise then we? We are here to make mistakes and learn not to be judged and punished.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Very well said Shekinah! That really helps to put things in perspective. I am pretty sure I punish myself more than any loving Deities ever would, but hopefully things will be less tormenting for me now.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

There's a saying I've read quoted by Dione Fortune & other occult writers as well: all gods are one God - all goddesses are one Goddess, and there is but One Initiator. It might go back to Iamblichus, 325AD (?). It covers a lot of territory. I think the intolerance comes from people wanting to feel elitist & not from god(s). It could help to resolve your concerns to literally chat with your concept of God/dess and ask for input directly; ask for ways to readjust your spiritual path that honor the concepts that you really value at heart and believe in. Intolerance & prejudice are just as present amongst Witches as anywhere else. The only way you can find out if Wicca is a belief system you can accept is to keep investigating it and form your own opinions.

As for fearing using the Craft, it's largely garbage in, garbage out. If we can curse we can also heal; choice comes with consciousness. There's a difference between protection and revenge. There's nothing stranger than the beliefs Normies have about witches :D . Many of the practices stem from common, garden-variety natural sensory experiences. People do have precognitive dreams, travel in-spirit, talk to invisiable Others & see auras. Most Normies talk themselves out of it but witches respect it as a strength. It's not required by any means.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think your path can be as expensive or as inexpensive as you choose to make it. Any path can have lots of expensive tools, decor, and whatever else. Or you can see what you already have, perhaps choose things from nature, or make the items you desire.
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “F.A.Q.”