Revenge Spells?

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
BipolarBarbieDoll

Revenge Spells?

Post by BipolarBarbieDoll »

I have a spell called "Get What They Deserve"
Will I get negativity sent back to me? :surprisedwitch:
Becks

Re: Revenge Spells?

Post by Becks »

When spinning the heavy fly wheel make sure you don't get sucked under it. It's up to you. I personally have never felt the need to be the hand of Justice. It would have to be a pretty wicked situation for me to get my hands on the wheel myself....hope you're okay.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

BipolarBarbieDoll wrote:I have a spell called "Get What They Deserve"
My vote is you will get what you deserve. :wink2:

TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Kassandra wrote:.

My vote is you will get what you deserve.

Ditto.

A spell like that just invokes karma for everyone involved.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Silentfeather
Banned Member

Post by Silentfeather »

You will get negativity back on revenge spells, the law of three applies to all negative spells, if someone is doing bad things towards me I generally do the freezing out spell, this in no way brings negative things to a person, it just stops them lying about you or causing you trouble, it's classed as a binding spell, but it is designed not to actually cause pain to anyone, I find that it works well and I have never had any negativity come back to me while doing this spell.

I'm going to sound like a Councillor again lol,but seeking revenge will only bring more negative energies, and it's much better to spend time not letting negative energies consume your thoughts, give the freezing out spell a go, you wont get your revenge, but it will stop any negative behavior towards you.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

BipolarBarbieDoll wrote:I have a spell called "Get What They Deserve"
I did. It was forty years ago. It was the one and only time that I did something like that.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

To be fair, I do understand where the desire to get back at people comes from. I've been there, I have wanted revenge and whenever I got it, it felt like justice.

Then I grew up a little and found out it did feel good to have your revenge, for about 5 minutes. Whenever a person has done you wrong, you need to deal with it for a long time and the desire for revenge eats you up until you get it. And then you feel good, followed by feeling empty. Because revenge doesn't fill the gap it leaves after it's done. With me, after I'm done avenging the wrong deed, I have nothing to crave, nothing to look forward to. It's done. And it doesn't feel right, because it's never the same thing. You can never betray someone the way they betrayed you, you can never know if you hurt someone as much as they've hurt you.

Once a very smart person told me that you've reached wisdom in magick once you know when not to perform magick. It didn't make much sense at the time, but it does now.

Whenever you feel like getting even with someone, please try to remember if you've done anybody wrong. And how you felt at the time and if you think you deserve getting even with.

Yesterday I saw a movie and remembered a phrase: "Tell me what it's like to be so perfect that you never have to feel bad about anything you've done".
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

You folks are fabulous.

When I was 8, I retrieved a schoolmates boot from a deep muddy puddle for her. She took the boot and pushed me into the puddle. I fell on my butt and I had been wearing my new coat for the first time. The girl was jealous. I hated that girl.

My mom told me to look in the mirror and ask what that person deserves. Then act accordingly. It had a strange inverted effect because I had not been mean in the situation and I deserved kindness. I therefore should Act in kindness and not Re-act in anger.

It was a major struggle for a kid. I learned that mud washes off and hate stains the soul. :oops:
mikezmac

Post by mikezmac »

Even with out a spell harboring a lot of anger or resentment is unhealthy.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi there bipolarbarbie, welcome to the forum....please let us get to know you better by posting an intro here: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... rself.html
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

There is mixed review on this. Wiccans do NOT cast spells or work magick that harms anyone including themselves. It violates the basic belief of Wicca. "An it harm none, do what ye will." We do believe that those who do harm others will get theirs sooner or later, Ever mind the Law of Three. Everything comes back 3 fold.

You can, however, deflect negative energies to protect yourself which is what I would suggest.

Not all witches subscribe to beliefs of Karma or Law of Three, however I would argue you can choose to not believe in Gravity it does not cease to be true.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

It depends what the spell entails exactly.

Is it a curse (dark magic)? I'm not going to tell you not to do it. I'm all for binding spells but I've never cursed anyone and don't think I'll ever need to.
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

I've read a lot about "reflection".

Kind of rubber and glue deal. Bounces off me, and sticks to you. But from my understanding, that is based in the idea that someone is working magic against you. In the case of reflecting a spell back to it's origin, there is a consensus that there is no "cost" associated with that act. You are not being malicious.

Revenge however...that is a poison you drink, in hopes that your enemy dies.

Instead...be a duck! If you watch ducks for awhile you will see a pattern. They repeatedly tuck their heads under their wings back and forth whenever they are resting. It looks goofy, but it serves a purpose.
Under their wing they secrete an OIL. This oil gets on their feathers on their head and coats their feathers so that when it rains, or another duck's splashing lands on them, they don't get wet. The water just beads up and rolls off of them. In this way they stay clean and dry.
Be a duck. Alternating your hands, simply breath into your hands and move your hands up and over your head as though you are creating a protective barrier over your hair and head. It'll remind you of seeing Native Americans or Gypsies "washing their faces with smoke" from old movies and stuff. It'll remind you of that because that's what it is.

And that action, is as old as humans as far as we understand them. It is such a common practice around the world that it has to be something we are born with, going back far enough to have come from the core group of humans we all descend from. It's as old as people are people. So give it a try. It's been working that long for other people. What can it hurt.

Return to “F.A.Q.”