I have some questions.

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
jaerajaws

Re: I have some questions.

Post by jaerajaws »

I interpreted the threefold law as having to do partly with karma. You may not agree with that but it's what I understand it to be in the most simplistic way. The threefold law is not JUST karma though don't get me wrong, there is definitely more depth to it. That's just the easiest way to explain it for me, and to keep it in mind.
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Post by EtherealMoonRose »

I suggest you read Scott Cunninghams "Wicca: a guide for the solitary practioner" it covers a lot of basics and is well written.

The threefold law is a big part of Wicca. Wicca is a very right-hand path. What it basically means is whatever you send out will come back to you threefold. Wiccans also follow the rule of "an it harm none, do as ye will" which means do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. I see it as more of a warning though- be prepared to accept the consequences (not that I'd ever harm anyone). Karma is a bit different in my opinion, but I can see how people think they correlate. Being Wiccan I try to live a balanced life. Take the good with the bad, appreciate the darkness and the light- for there are both dark and light aspects in nature, to give as much as I take. It's all about balance!

I am a soft-polythiest which means I believe that all Gods are one God and all Goddesses are one Goddess. I have a strong connection with the moon and work my spells around the lunar cycles. Some believe the Gods and Goddesses are all seperate from another.

You could place a red tealight candle on your altar to represent fire. Or perhaps a suncatcher. Maybe you could get one of those LED tealight candles? At least then you get the flame without a real flame. Just a suggestion.

A witch is someone who practices witchcraft. However, you can be Wiccan without practicing witchcraft.

I hope this has helped! If you have anymore questions please feel free to message me.

Love and blessings to you.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
jaerajaws

Post by jaerajaws »

Thank you very much everyone. I've expanded on some ideas, and started setting up my altar! I am just waiting on my crystals, and other items to arrive to get started practicing and casting spells. I plan to start out pretty simple!

My library of books has increased to four, and I plan to get a good amount of the titles that everyone listed for me here.

Return to “F.A.Q.”