Mage bonds?

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
tiffanyrae

Mage bonds?

Post by tiffanyrae »

Can anyone tell me anything about Mage bonds? I have dowsed so I know for sure I have one with my friend. But I am having trouble finding anything. Can anyone help me?
Jenny Crow

Re: Mage bonds?

Post by Jenny Crow »

I've never heard that expression before - can you please explain what a Mage bond is.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

We form bonds with everyone we interact with. Some of these are stronger and last longer than others.

Eliphas Levi writes about it in Transcendental Magic: The Magic Chain
Nox

Post by Nox »

There is no special bonds towards any person. Your own thoughts have vibration and so they are sent out to the universe. Keep in mind that we are ALL connected as beings, one global connection, even if we do not know each other. So, as I was saying, your thoughts have frequency and other peoples have that too. If you have similar frequencies , you will be close to one another. Have a special "bond" . For example, you are very calm but someone starts shouting , not at you , but at someone else. because of the frequency of the voice, it affects you and change your OWN frequency , so you act different. It's all around us.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Nox wrote:There is no special bonds towards any person [. . .] If you have similar frequencies , you will be close to one another. Have a special "bond" .
?
Nox

Post by Nox »

What is strange about it? All I said is there is no special bond to particular person but that we are all connected. That "special bond" can change and become no longer special.
Jenny Crow

Post by Jenny Crow »

Well, Nox, there is a bit of a discrepancy in your post, lol - You say there is no special bonds towards any person, then you say: "If you have similar frequencies you will be close to one another. Have a special bond". :?
Jenny Crow

Post by Jenny Crow »

Tiffanyrae, As far as I can tell, I think what Levi is referring to is the universal energy that some people call prana, and in that respect we are all connected I suppose.

But kidding aside, Nox is right, we form 'special' bonds with people whose energetic frequencies are similar to our own; or sometimes a psychic bond can be formed between two people. Then there are those bonds that are formed in a previous life.....
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

"Mage" is a noun referring to a magician or magically learned person. So ... Mage bond implies that a bond is created as the result of magic. Those individuals who have a history of magical practice together might then develop an empathic sensitivity to each other's moods & state of mind, finish each others sentences, be conscious of the status of the other when absent at long distances. This might be seen in varying beneficial degrees at play amongst coven members & quite probably between spouses.

An unscrupulous mage might seek such a link to "break" a person's psyche for reshaping to the mage's personal gain as has been used in programs such as MK Ultra & at Montuak where all sorts of dirty tricks were used to break someone.
barker

Post by barker »

Normal cords call each other "selfish," magical cords call each other "righteous"...

edit: in fact the difference between the two types of relationships is indeed the presumption of God (meaning God). these stronger relationships are key to one's greater feats and they also make ignoring problems totally efficacious. so it pays to be a good friend..!

Return to “F.A.Q.”