Can someone help me get started? Thanks<3

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
forever_in_ink

Can someone help me get started? Thanks<3

Post by forever_in_ink »

So I just recently got into this after messing around with a Ouija board. So I did research, but all the information on how to get started with Wicca is just a big jumble in my head, can you help me out to get started? Like, what are a few steps? Thanks<3
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Can someone help me get started? Thanks<3

Post by AdastraJunction »

First off, welcome to the forum, pleasure to have you with us all here. If you could make an Intro in the introduction section for other members to get to know you that would be brilliant.

Wicca is a belief system, school of thought and lifestyle. It's takes commitment, research and understanding. It's isn't all about spells, rituals and the paranormal. Start with the basics, read some beginners books and take a look at our other threads here on the forum and see if it is right for you or if you are looking at following a different path. There are many aspects to Wicca and other pagan beliefs.
SirisDerp

Re: Can someone help me get started? Thanks

Post by SirisDerp »

If you're looking more into Wicca then Scott Cunningham, Doreen Valiente, Janet Farrar, and Stewart Farrar's books are the best ones to look at. I can recommend some books for you that I started on:

A Solitary Practitioner - Scott Cunningham

Drawing Down The Moon -Margot Adler

A Witch's Bible - Janet Farrar and Stewart Farrar

It's a good start to give you a better idea of what Wicca is and what it's all about. I know a lot of books from Wicca overwhelm you with highly elaborate rituals and tools that you 'need' to have to do this or that. You really don't. If it would make you feel secure having all those things, then go ahead. It's up to you and what suits you best for your needs.

Some view the more elaborate casting of a spell/ritual/circle as being more formal while the less elaborate as less formal. So long as respect is given and you're doing what resonates with you and your purpose, it doesn't matter.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old post - “can someone help me get started”
I’m so tempted to say ”on your mark, get set, go!”

... to be continued
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old post

🔑 Points
. The Lady 🗽 and horned Lord 🦌 represent Nature‘s duality
. Holidays represent Nature’s cycles - 🎃All-Hallows, 🕯Candlemas, 🌻May Day, 🍞Loafmas, ☀️❄️Solstices
. The elements manifest intent - pacifying energies 💦&🌎 water & earth; activating energies 💨&🔥 air & fire
. The texts “Charge of the Goddess” and the full “Wiccan Rede” are guidelines
. Focusing - Candle-gaze🕯👀 ; observe the flame & don’t let your mind wander
. Grounding - Connect your energy-body down the spine & root into the earth
. Centering- Draw power on the breath from earth & sky into the solar plexus
. Charging - Push power/intent from the belly & out your hands 🙌🏽, into spells
. Shielding - Ground, center, focus & push energy from the belly to your aura🛡

Build Your Workspace
. Supplies: 🍷potion cup, candle🕯, salt🧂, oil⚱️, incense🥢, 🪔burning bowl
. Meditate & project good vibes to build on
. Prep table/tools - damp-wipe clean, fume with incense, anoint with oil & magnetize with energy 🙌🏽 before setting up gear the 1st time 🕯
🍷🧂💎 > > > 🥢⚱️🪔
📝 Simple Folk-magic Circle
. Place your gear inside your planned workspace; start & end each circuit at north.
. Prep sacred space 🧹sweeping in a ↪️ circle; Light some incense; point-&-push👉🏼 to cast circle ↩️. The circle dissipates by walking thru it.
. Observe the full moons with a simple circle. Set a glass of water to charge in Moon lite. Work spells & divination as needed. Moon gaze & use your subtle senses to greet the Spirit-of-the-Place. Pour 1/2 of the water on the earth as offering & drink 1/2. Ground yourself to end the rite.

About Spells
. Know your goal - to attract, to repel or to empower something
. Choose items related to the goal by element, suggestive scents & appearance
. Herbs, Incense, Oil - Sweet 🌸 scents for love, citrusy 🍋 cleanses, spicy 🌶 protects, forest 🌲 for prosperity
. Use incantations to say what you want results to be & don’t say what you don’t want; rhyme aids memory, repetition adds strength

Beginner Spell
🪢 9-Knots - focus on your goal & tie a knot into 🧶 twine for each phrase while reciting the incantation; later at a liminal hour (dawn, noon, dusk, midnight) undo the knots to release the power.
By knot 1 the spell’s begun, by knot 2 it comes true, by knot 3 so shall it be.
By knot 4 the power is stored, by knot 5 the spell’s alive, by knot 6 the spell is fixed.
By knot 7 it’s is given, by knot 8 it is fate, by knot 9 -X- is mine.

Return to “F.A.Q.”