I Made My Runes, Now What?

Discussion of runes.
Blu-Luna

I Made My Runes, Now What?

Post by Blu-Luna »

I got my Runes made and am now wondering how to cast them and any other pertinent information that might be helpful to me in learning the Runes? Thanks ahead of time for all of your help and advise!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: I Made My Runes, Now What?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I copied the following rune reading from this site:
http://old-earth.com/article-runes.html

When reading runes, I recommend that you gently empty the entire set of Runes in front of you.
Put a cloth down first to protect the Gemstone Runes from possible damage.

Take a deep breath, close your eyes and concentrate on your question. Or you can simply ask for some guidance for your life at this time.

Let your hand drift over the Runes and pick the one which seems to call to you; the one which just seems right.

Look up it's meaning on the Rune Chart. (the sites rune chart is in the
menu on the left side of the screen)

For the Five Rune Crossroads Layout, pick Five Runes in this manner, while thinking of your question, and lay them in the pattern shown. Look up each meaning and note what it speaks to you

..... 4
2----1----3
..... 5

1. Clarifies the real energy of the question.
This rune tells you what is truly in your heart.

2. Shows the Past.
What has brought you to this time of questioning.

3. Tells you all of the energies surrounding you now.
People, situations, karma, material and spiritual influences

4. Represents the Crossroad Decision.
This shows the things you must accept or possibly change, if you are willing.

5. The Final Out Come.
Some things cannot be changed.
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Oh, thanks so much for the info SpiritTalker, much appreciated! I found a pure linen towel I made in embroidery years ago too to place the Runes on! I will try this tonight when I get home!
tourennatrix

Post by tourennatrix »

If you enjoy book learning, I have a couple suggestions for you:

Nordic Runes by Paul Rhys Mountfort is a great starting point. It gives easily digestible meanings of the runes for the context of divination, as well as some lore and background for each. This is the book I started with.

Futhark: a handbook of Rune Magic by Edred Thorsson was my 2nd book, and I was glad it was not my first. It looks at the runes less in divinitory terms (though you can still use them that way) and more in terms of using them for magical purposes. The "meanings" pages add another layer or facet to the meaning of each rune.

I draw a rune each week for general guidance and for themes to look for, and when I can't Intuit the meaning (since I'm still pretty new) I will consult both books to see what resonates.

On milestone dates (holidays, beginning of term at school) I will cast a handful of stones into a circle and read whatever falls face-up loosely- stones closer to me are closer in both space and time. Stones central to the circle have strong importance. Stones farther away are more distant in both space and time. This is a method that I picked up 'from here and there' and evolves a little each time I do it.

As you get more comfortable with your runes and their meanings, you can look into using them in magic. Over the winter one of my favorite things was drawing bind runes on my hand or wrist to invoke protection when I had to drive on icy roads!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Since they're new I would cleans them, bless and consecrate them.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Silas Nightfall

Post by Silas Nightfall »

firebirdflys wrote:Since they're new I would cleans them, bless and consecrate them.
Bb, FF
Tonight would be a good night to do that too.
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

I am so happy to get all of your advice, I thank you all for your help!!! You are all so awesome!!!
I smudged Runes with sage after I made them and for some reason I thought of sleeping with them in my bed. I am sitting beside them right now actually. I feel like they are my babies, just like my crystals, shells, cat and dogs! Maybe living alone for so long is finally getting to me after all :(
Oh yes, I am pretty sure the Moon is full tonite, perhaps I should place them under the Moon too?
Silas Nightfall

Blu-Luna wrote:I am so happy to get all of your advice, I thank you all for your help!!! You are all so awesome!!!
I smudged Runes with sage after I made them and for some reason I thought of sleeping with them in my bed. I am sitting beside them right now actually. I feel like they are my babies, just like my crystals, shells, cat and dogs! Maybe living alone for so long is finally getting to me after all :(
Oh yes, I am pretty sure the Moon is full tonite, perhaps I should place them under the Moon too?
Yes, it is. Make some moon water while you’re at it.
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Oh shoot, I forgot to tell y'all I got my book today, "Runes For Beginners Simple Divination and Interpretation" by Alexandra Chauran today too! I'm already on page 26! I might have gotten further in it, but I've been busy writing them and learning their number values too! This is so exciting! I'm for sure going to check out the other books that y'all recommended too, thank you!
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Silas Nightfall, how do I make moon water? Thanks!
Silas Nightfall

Blu-Luna wrote:Silas Nightfall, how do I make moon water? Thanks!
Different sources cite slightly different methods, but the basics are to place water in a clear jar, or in a pan, and let it bath in the moonlight so that the moons reflection casts directly upon it (no intervening shadows). Ask more knowledgeable people here for specifics.

Example: https://www.gemstoneorganic.com/blogs/n ... ter-ritual
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Thanks! I'm on it and have a half-gallon glass jar of water ready for it's moon bath!
Silas Nightfall

Blu-Luna wrote:Thanks! I'm on it and have a half-gallon glass jar of water ready for it's moon bath!
Best of distilled and blessed. You can cleanse your runes in it after it’s made. Let us know how it goes.
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

A little late but thought I'd add to this thread.

I made a couple of rune sets. I think the best way to connect with them and find out how you interact with them is to meditate with them one at a time. Write down your impressions, etc in a journal. This way, you're building up a connection plus a reference book for when you do begin readings. If you feel like it, meditate again with them one at a time and write down your experience again, like a round two for your journal. You can use such insights in your readings.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)

Return to “Runes”