Where Can I Get Good Quality Runes?

Discussion of runes.
Melby

Where Can I Get Good Quality Runes?

Post by Melby »

Hello, I have been looking for crystal runes for some time but am not willing to hit the BUY button yet cause I am not sure about the quality. Anyone has bought any beautiful rune sets online? I would be grateful for any reply.
YanaKhan

Re: Where Can I Get Good Quality Runes?

Post by YanaKhan »

In my practice, I've found that the instruments that work best for me are the ones I make myself. So why not research how to make your own runes? I can't really help with quality runes, but maybe someone else would chime in?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Rely on the description. A hand-engraved stone is probably more costly than a painted or printed one when it comes to stone. Uniformity is an issue whenever hand-made is involved. A laser inscribed set would be astronomically costly. A good description should say if they're etched, engraved or painted & should also give an estimated size of the stones.

You could buy a 1/2# small pebble or 1# larger stone bag of tumbled crystal pebbles from Amazon & a paint pen & make your own. Or find tumbled river stones at craft or garden supply store. The easiest would be wood discs, either bought at a hobby craft shop or made from a hand sawn tree branch.
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

I make custom runes, thought I do not engrave crystal. Mine are painted stones from the glacial rivers here. Runes on one side with a custom design on the other. They are presented in unique drawstring bags that lay out into a casting cloth. I sell them for $25 a set. This is not a pitch, just pointing out that anyone can produce satisfactory results with time and love.

Return to “Runes”