Fertility mentioned in every rune casting I did today?

Discussion of runes.
julietaw

Fertility mentioned in every rune casting I did today?

Post by julietaw »

Me and two of my friends belive there is something in our house, that is paranomal. So they asked me to talk to it and ask it questions, I have a history with spirts. So I agreed, and decided to ask questions using runes ( I thought it was Loki and still think it is him). I never got a solid answer out of it because every other question it's answer would contridict the other. I finaly asked it if it had a message for anyone. Almost all the runes dealt with fertility. I panicked because I've been wanting a child (I'm to young to have a child, but I want one.) my boyfriend and I decided to wait a few years. So I thought what if somehow I got pregnant? So I continued to ask if anyone in my family was pregnant and got ferility runes, I went through every member in my family that could get pregnant that I could think of asking if there was a chance they were pregnant, the answer was a no for everyone of them. I asked about myself and got lots of runes about fertility again.
My question is do you think it could possibly mean I'm pregnant/going to get pregnant soon or that I'm wanting a child?
Shub Niggurath

Re: Fertility mentioned in every rune casting I did today?

Post by Shub Niggurath »

It could mean a lot of things. But first of all, could you share what were the exact runes you got?
julietaw

Post by julietaw »

Okay. I don't remember which ones were for which questions ( I forgot to write them down..) I remember the symbols though. I got raidho, gebo, wunjo,isa, pertho,bekano, tiwaz, lauz,Those were all relating to me. I'm sorry if I'm not being helpful.
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

It's okay :)
Only two of those runes might be (but don't have to be) related to motherhood and a "surprise" (as in, unexpected child) - Berkana and Gebo. But for some reason you interpreted them as something related to pregnancy, maybe there's a reason for it :) What I'd personally do if I were you, I'd probably just do a pregnancy test to make sure you're (not) pregnant and be careful with your boyfriend just in case :D
Another thing is - how much do you know about runes in general and did you interpret all of them?
If you need any guidance I can give you simple interpretations for each rune. It's not going to be much in depth because you don't remember what specific questions they were concerning but still might help you somehow. Oh! Maybe you remember the questions you were asking or at least some of them in general?
julietaw

Post by julietaw »

I got my interpitations of the runes from a website. http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/meanings.html
I asked questions such as: Is there anything you want to tell us, it came back with a few runes with fertility meanings. I went through everyone in my imediate family and asked if they were pregnant, no runes associated with fertility. I asked about me being pregnant twice and once it came back with fertility runes, I asked if I was going to get pregnant and I don't remember what it said. I think those are all the questions I asked.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Agree with Levitating Cat -- Only Berkana and Gebo (maybe Laguz, since it relates to womanhood) are commonly understood to be related to fertility, but if your intuition is strongly telling you you are pregnant, then it's worth checking out. When you ask if it could represent that you want a child -- that's something only you can tell. It appears from the fact that you associate many of the runes with fertility that children have definitely been on your mind lately. My friend likes to say that with a lot of divination, you find out the answer about what you want when the coin is in the air.

One thing to note is that I've come to believe that you should be sparing with how many runes you draw. There are only 24 runes, so if you keep repeatedly asking questions, you will eventually be drawing a large percentage of the runes. You drew 8 runes (1/3 of the Elder Futhark) just related to yourself (and I believe you drew more for your family too), so you're bound to get at least a couple of fertility runes, because the Elder Futhark just isn't that big. Next time, it might be worth doing a one- or three-rune cast, which can give you very precise and accurate results.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Okay then, I'll give you my interpretations of the runes, as neutral as possible, to show you what else they could mean. Maybe that'll show you a wider perspective on the subject. Cause seems like that page you linked doesn't really explain anything too well ;)

Raidho means rhythm. It mostly means getting into cosmic/universal rhythm to balance your life and evolve. You might be on the right track (with your question) but you need to check if you understand the rhythm, or if you "operate on the same frequency" as the spirit you were trying to talk to.

Gebo is a gift or surprise. It means that you need to find balance between giving and receiving. If you've got any debts - regulate them, if someone or something is offering you help - accept it. This might be a hint that the spirit you were talking to wants something from you or wants to offer you something. You might be surprised.

Wunjo is a joy of friendship. It means that you can trust the people around you or might be hinting that you need to find more people that you can fully trust. Luck is on your side.

Isa means clarity of the spirit but also stagnation. It's about you - you need to focus on yourself and get rid of mental blockages, deadlock views and beliefs to move forward, to progress.

Perthro is a symbol of maternal safety but also hidden knowledge and initiation. You need to trust your intuition and the knowledge within you to solve this problem (with the spirit?).

Berkana means protection and is a symbol of the goddess. You're safe, you don't need to worry - trust your power and the power of friendship and family. You're protected.

Tiwaz is aiming towards the goal. You need a clear and steady mind to control your current situation. You need to do anything you can to reach the goal. It's not necessarily going to be easy but you definitely can do it.

Laguz is a symbol of water and changes. Water is a symbol of emotions. Laguz means that you have to stop hiding your true feelings, don't cheat and be honest with yourself. Only if you stop suppressing your true self you can solve the problem and move on.

Hope that helps. Contemplate on the runes and their meanings a bit - maybe that'll give you the key to solve the situation ;)
Xiao Rong wrote: One thing to note is that I've come to believe that you should be sparing with how many runes you draw. There are only 24 runes, so if you keep repeatedly asking questions, you will eventually be drawing a large percentage of the runes. You drew 8 runes (1/3 of the Elder Futhark) just related to yourself (and I believe you drew more for your family too), so you're bound to get at least a couple of fertility runes, because the Elder Futhark just isn't that big. Next time, it might be worth doing a one- or three-rune cast, which can give you very precise and accurate results.
This is also a good point! :D
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I won't comment on the runes, but I will suggest that you always use birth control. Guys have a way of talking girls into having unprotected sex or convincing you that you're protected when you really aren't (i.e. the "pull-out method" and the not as well known "squeeze the semen out" method.) My own mother got pregnant without even having intercourse. Sperm always knows where the eggs are and is willing to travel to get to it. You can't trust any method that isn't medically approved. That includes any sort of magick. Hopefully you aren't pregnant.
random417

Post by random417 »

Starwitch wrote:Guys have a way of talking girls into having unprotected sex or convincing you that you're protected when you really aren't
Really?!? As a man, I'm deeply offended by this... you're not wrong, but a little common courtesy, respect for men, and a little less sweeping generalities please? I mean, I know you're in charge here, and I'm trying to be polite, but... I'm sure I wouldn't get away with something along the lines of "women will tell you they're in the pill, and/or allergic to latex" that happens too, even when they're not.

I may be the only man here that'll say anything, but I bet I'm not the only one bothered. Just saying.
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Random, I am sure that Starwitch does not mean all men. As you mentioned, it DOES happen and many women have had some experience with men encouraging them to forgo condoms, although I would say that a large part of it may be because of poor sex education in many places (certainly in many parts of the United States I can think of), not because of intentional reproductive coercion (which again, does happen, but I suspect less often).
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
random417

Post by random417 »

Fair enough, it just rubs the the wrong way, you know? Especially with the fact that men believe the things they say often too... I actually believed that pulling out worked, for 4 years after becoming sexually active.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

random417 wrote:I actually believed that pulling out worked, for 4 years after becoming sexually active.
Thank you for proving the point I was trying to make.

And yes, you actually CAN get away with talking about how there are women who trick men into having children. I think it's horrible that women do that and that the men are then forced to pay child support for the child. If you can prove she tricked you, you shouldn't have to pay for the baby. It's the worst sort of conniving, immature woman that does that to a man. It should be obvious to anyone that she's not fit to raise children if she would manipulate someone with a pregnancy.
random417

Post by random417 »

Apologies, was kind of a knee jerk reaction.

In regards to the actual original question, I agree that the number of runes pulled would give you your fertility runes in this question. Based on your runes, I wouldn't worry, but, your intuition is practically screaming something at you there. Listen to yourself, take a test, but there may be a party of you that wants a baby now enough to latch on to that in your reading even if it's not there.

It can be tricky to tell between intuition and your mind filling wishes sometimes.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Well, I'll just drop my 2 cents then :D
I had a boyfriend who was actually trying to get me pregnant so I won't leave him. This was when I was 19. I was on pills just in case, so he didn't manage to do that. So yeah, Random, there are men like that. Of course it's not all men. And as Star said a woman who manipulates man into getting her pregnant is just as horrible.
But I actually popped up to say something about fertility runes. Sometimes our mind can project our greatest fear or desire onto reality. When I was 9 months pregnant and scared to death of the labor, whenever I turned on TV, there was a show about giving birth. And no, I am not imagining it. Even my husband noticed. It was like 2 - 3 shows a day and exactly when I turned the TV on. And no, it was on different channels, so i didn't know the exact time. So, my point with the runes is, you want to get pregnant (not now, but in the near future) and you are probably projecting that desire onto everything. Even runes that have different meaning, you see as fertility runes. Is that possible?

Return to “Runes”