Making Personal Runes

Discussion of runes.
SelinaShamrock

Making Personal Runes

Post by SelinaShamrock »

I'd like to make my own runes, out of fimo clay, because I want them to feel extra special to me that I made them. I had some general questions about runes though:

Do they have to be out of something specific?
What is the best way to consecrate them? I've seen some suggestions of blood consecrating them, or a simple ritual of dipping them each individually into water. Has anyone tried any of them/what was most powerful for you?
What runes do you use? (Nordic, Elder Futhark, etc.)

My final question may require a longer answer, but could anyone share their experiences with using runes, such as how you use them, and how you divine what they mean. If you don't wish to share I totally understand - a lot of people like to keep more private. If you wish to share please do =) I'm still very new to actually practicing anything.

Thank you in advance to anyone who will help!
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Making Personal Runes

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hi Selina, always glad to meet someone else interested in runes! I wrote out some of my tips here on how to get started with the runes and my personal experience working with them. I use the Elder Futhark, and I would strongly recommend that one over the Anglo-Saxon and Younger Futhark, because there is some very interesting analyses to be done with the numerology of the 24 Elder Futhark runes. As for making your own set, that's a wonderful idea - it is definitely more personal that way. I didn't feel like I needed to consecrate them, though, because I spent a LOT of time making them, and that process itself made it feel like they were mine (and I'm not sure my salt dough runes would hold up so well in water anyways). If you have any questions about runes, always feel free to PM me!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
SelinaShamrock

Post by SelinaShamrock »

Xiao Rong wrote:Hi Selina, always glad to meet someone else interested in runes! I wrote out some of my tips here on how to get started with the runes and my personal experience working with them. I use the Elder Futhark, and I would strongly recommend that one over the Anglo-Saxon and Younger Futhark, because there is some very interesting analyses to be done with the numerology of the 24 Elder Futhark runes. As for making your own set, that's a wonderful idea - it is definitely more personal that way. I didn't feel like I needed to consecrate them, though, because I spent a LOT of time making them, and that process itself made it feel like they were mine (and I'm not sure my salt dough runes would hold up so well in water anyways). If you have any questions about runes, always feel free to PM me!
Your tips really helped, thank you. I'm going to try some of my first rune drawings as soon as I finish making my runes.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I say you can make them out of whatever you like. It's the symbol not he product that is the power. A mix of red oche with a few drops of blood or water with a blood would work. I agree I don't know if the clay can get wet once you make them. You can also ask Odin or any other god you work with to bless/consecrate them.

I always recommend Elder first since that's where most of the resources and information lie.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

You're welcome, Selina!

Also, I want to second what Holdasown said too - the Elder Futhark has the most information and for that reason it's probably the easiest to learn.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

About 18yrs ago before I got my last deck of tarot cards
I got small baseboard strip of pine. I cut this into 3in
pieces, 25 in total. I used what my guides were telling
me how the symbols should be on these "tiles". I still
need to take them outside on the patio to finish the
touch up on them. This has been put on hold since I
was making wands at the time to take with me to the
pagan festival. Needless to say, I forgot them !
Okay, I had not seen any Runes at that time so the
symbols are my idea of what they should be. I have
yet to write out means, tho I do now what they
mean since I made them. I just need to get
"aroundtuit" like all my project a little bit on
this one and then a little bit on this one...etc.
Let me know what you all think, okay ???
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Rainbow Light
MsMollimizz

Attachments
I don't take good pics, both hands move when clicking shutter  :~(
I don't take good pics, both hands move when clicking shutter :~(
allrunes-1.jpg (35.82 KiB) Viewed 2313 times
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings

Return to “Runes”