Consecrating runes

Discussion of runes.
Westfire

Consecrating runes

Post by Westfire »

Good evening friends, over the past couple of days, I have made two sets of wooden runes (elder and younger) from wood gathered in the forest near to my house. This has been a fantastically deep experience and now that the rune sets are carved and çomplete my mind turns to consecrating them for use. I have read some of the Odinic rites for the consecration of ruńes, but not being a Norse pantheon follower I wold feel a little uncomfortable using some of the language and invocations used in such rites. Other than fairly heavy Norse rites, I can not find much else on the Internet. Does anyone have any information on rites or ceremonîes for the consecration of runes? I live near to the Kilmartin Glen in Argyll, where there are numerous standing stones, circles etc and I feel drawn to use some of that energy in the process. Any suggestions great fully received.
Attachments
image.jpg
Holdasown

Re: Consecrating runes

Post by Holdasown »

Only ritual I am sure of is blooding the runes or taking red ocher and adding a few drops of blood then painting the symbols.
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Holdasown wrote:Only ritual I am sure of is blooding the runes or taking red ocher and adding a few drops of blood then painting the symbols.
Using blood will create a stronger psychic bond between you and your runes. It won't take more then a pinprick/drop or two of blood. Just be sure to sterilize the needle and treat the wound with rubbing alcohol to prevent infection.

There are no hard and fast rules for consecrating tools. The purpose is to cleanse the item & dedicate to a specific magickal use and imbue it with the energies it's meant to have... thus making it a sacred tool.

You don't need to speak a special incantation though you certainly can if you want to. It can be as simple as a smudging and programming with intent or spreading out the runes around a white or purple candle, holding your hands over then while speaking an incantation on a Full Moon.

When your done it's best to keep them in a bag or box with some cleansing & psychic stones and/or herbs. Things like Moonstone, Amethyst (unless you have schizophrenia as it will aggravate your symptoms), Crystal Quartz, Citrine, Sunstone. Herbs like catnip, dandelion, meadowsweet, mugwort, hyssop, vervain etc.

Do what feels natural. Just remember to cleanse, imbue it with it's purpose & set your intent. :)
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

DPhoenix wrote:
Holdasown wrote:Only ritual I am sure of is blooding the runes or taking red ocher and adding a few drops of blood then painting the symbols.
Using blood will create a stronger psychic bond between you and your runes. It won't take more then a pinprick/drop or two of blood. Just be sure to sterilize the needle and treat the wound with rubbing alcohol to prevent infection.
if you're going to do this, i recommend using a diabetic testing needle if you can. it's easier to use for drawing blood, since that's its purpose. and since it goes in and out quickly, it doesn't hurt.
(source: i'm diabetic)
(i realize you probably don't live in america, near a rite aid. neither do i. they don't have rite aids in florida. just giving an example of a testing needle.)
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I added blood to mine. Kind of meditated on each symbol and its meaning to me.

Return to “Runes”