Runes Question

Discussion of runes.
drago25

Runes Question

Post by drago25 »

I'm planning on making my own runes and i was just wondering if i can use different types of crystals insted of just one type?
Holdasown

Re: Runes Question

Post by Holdasown »

You want your runes to be uniform and to look the same so you don't pick them. I would say if you want to vary the stones make them all about the same shape and use three or four kinds randomly. Personally I think keeping them uniform is best but you do what you feel called to do.
drago25

Post by drago25 »

right now im thinking of doing a mix of Obsidian and either Onyx or Hematite. But do to my budget limit I'm either going to buy a premade set or just make mine out of River stone
Tegywn

Post by Tegywn »

This cant be emphasized enough. When using runes for divination you should make them as uniform as possible. Heres the reason why:

When using runes for divination most people (that i've met anyway) draw them from a bag and place them one by one or toss a few at a time. If they are all different shaped you will learn to know them by feel alone, this can make drawing a "random" rune from you bag biased. Nobody wants a biased divination o.0
drago25

Post by drago25 »

Tegnyw wrote:This cant be emphasized enough. When using runes for divination you should make them as uniform as possible. Heres the reason why:

When using runes for divination most people (that i've met anyway) draw them from a bag and place them one by one or toss a few at a time. If they are all different shaped you will learn to know them by feel alone, this can make drawing a "random" rune from you bag biased. Nobody wants a biased divination o.0
Tegywn I just got a hematite rune set from a store on Friday and they are differently shaped and sized enough to tell them apart, the runes symbols are also carved into the stone so you can still feel which rune it is even if they were the same size and shape.

So the only way the would be as close to uniform as you claim they should be is if they were made out of wood or clay and made so that they are all the same size and shape along with not being able to tell by touch that the rune symbol is even on it.

also Tegywn who says that i plan on casting the rune stones the same 2 ways that most of the people you met do?
ratfool

Post by ratfool »

Something to remember is in the tradition runes on
Stones (most elder futhark) was used in grave magic
That said I have owned a stone set before. For divination
With in the tradition (the lore and writings ) they were carved
On wood.

Marlene
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Cut a broomstick into thin slices, carve the runes into them, and you have your wooden runes. I've also used pebbles gathered from a power place like a river.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
ratfool

Post by ratfool »

I love the symbolism of the broom stick. Thank you
Marlene
Rune

Post by Rune »

Also, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this or not but if you want to make your runes more attuned to you (and also prevent someone else using your runes mucking up the energies) I would suggest using some of your blood in red ink and trace the runes with it. It's traditional to use only your blood but most people don't want to draw enough of their blood to do that but that is also an option. Good luck!

Rune
drago25

Post by drago25 »

Rune wrote:Also, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this or not but if you want to make your runes more attuned to you (and also prevent someone else using your runes mucking up the energies) I would suggest using some of your blood in red ink and trace the runes with it. It's traditional to use only your blood but most people don't want to draw enough of their blood to do that but that is also an option. Good luck!

Rune
i have thought about that one already I'm just worried people are going to take to the cut hand the wrong way right now do to some personal problems, but it is a good idea

Return to “Runes”