Reading rune....dice?

Discussion of runes.
Elluir

Reading rune....dice?

Post by Elluir »

So I have some rune dice. Four die with the eldar furthak on them. They were given to me by a Native American man when I was a kid. I realize reading runes on die is not the norm, but I feel a connection with them and I want to give them a shot working. I am having a hard time finding a good way to go about a reading...(I am still rather new at this). I am trying a four directions spread. With the Northern being past, West Present, East Obstacle and South Future. Seems to be working so so.

Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions for a good set up to read with the 4 die?
Elluir

Re: Reading rune....dice?

Post by Elluir »

Anyone got some advice on this?
john85uk

Post by john85uk »

Never heard of rune dice before. I'm new to runes myself. They sound pretty cool. Might make some myself. Suppose there are a few things you an do with four such as the four elements, compass points, seasons. I like think of Norse god qualities to have so you could have Odin, Thor, Freya, Loki which give their own positive and negative male and female aspects to the dice. Like I day I'm new to this but I don't think there is a right and wrong way to do these things. It's whatever feels best for you and if it comes from your imagination it's bound to have some power in it.
cyn_crow

Post by cyn_crow »

maybe just shake em up and roll them like regular dice?
Dream Wolf

Post by Dream Wolf »

Rune Dice are rare, for a reason. It take years to be able to use them properly, and even experienced users can have difficulty interpreting them.

On the up side, when used the right way, they tend to be vary accurate and powerful, particularly in place of crystal or mirror gazing.

Rune Dice, to explain them in a simple manner, are like a Ouija board and casting stone put into one package.

To use them you need to know what each rune means, both literally and symbolically, as well as their meanings when together.

I have a link for you here, Fulgour explains quite well over several posts. However that isn't the only way to do it.

http://www.tarotforum.net/archive/index ... 31506.html

I personally use polished semi precious stones and well worn bird and small animal bones that I collect in the woods, so Dice are not something I am familiar with.
drago25

Post by drago25 »

i have seen a couple of different styles of rune dice some 6 sided others being 24sided though only on google, i plan on making my own set which will be on the odd side for rune dice

Return to “Runes”