making your own runes

Discussion of runes.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

hi there,
it's for protection, but i wanted to make a rune set like little pillows. i know it sounds silly. i might have to go and get some gems or something. but i like my pillow idea. :D

blessed be :D
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

Oh okay, well for protection you could use Thurisaz, or Algiz... Thurisaz is sort of protection like a hedge of thorns you know? People can try to get past, but they'll get mangled in the process if you get what i mean... and Algiz is the rune of the Stag... the big enormous horns of the stag ward anything from messing with it because you just know just from looking at it that it could mess you up big time. So Algiz is more protection through warding....

Hope that makes sense :roll:

As for making pillows. well if you google "elder futhark" you'll find the runes, but some websites have misleading information so be careful!!

If you want to get a book on the runes that is AWESOME, get anything by Nigel Pennick, Freya Aswynn or Edred Thorsson!!

Pix
Stephanie Mae

Re: thank you

Post by Stephanie Mae »

Witch13 wrote:i think that making your own tools is wonderfull!!
I think we leave a little of ourselves in each tool we hand craft.

I have runes that I made from Obsidian. My mother has jars of Obsidian around her house, that we have collected over the years, so each time I hold my runes I am reminded of those days.
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

hi sweeties,

pix: thank u for that wounderful information, i go tommrow and pick up the book. :) boy this is going be fun. i love making stuff.

mae: I so totally agree with u, because then the object is attuned to u. I will going to need supples. i have the materials but i am thinking of doing sew by hand for the simbles. i could use the sewing machine. i also making a warm and comfy blanket, it's so soft, like rabbit fur. it has a cool inlay design matching window treatments.

blessed be :D
Hexima

Post by Hexima »

hi

i made my runes out of beads. it's pretty neat and it did take me a while to create them once it was finished i was very happy with the end result.
:D Blessed Be :D
[wind_wolf]

Post by [wind_wolf] »

runes lol my weak point, i need to study up on them(meaning and how to 'cast' them)
with our breath out we give life with our breath in we take life

may the light watch over you
and shadow be blind to you
sailormars13

Post by sailormars13 »

Wait, so what would you use runes for and what are the advantages to making them out of stones?
Tashana

Post by Tashana »

http://sunnyway.com/runes/meanings.html#fehum
this is interesting...you can learn so many things here...but i'm interested in books,have any ideas(name of the book)... bless you! :D
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

My first runes were made out of star beads on a piece a ribbon so I could wear it as a raver necklace (hid them in plain sight.) and with red paint I drew the runes on them.
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

...What is a Rune?
~Alie!! :3
Eien

Post by Eien »

I'm also making my own runes right now,
and I've used quite a while to collect the stones I'm going to use,
and I'm still not finished.. :P
But I've found some really enchanting stones, I fell in love with them at first sight!
If anyone wants to see them, I could post a picture when they're done. :D
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

yaaaaay!!!!
EmoClawra

Post by EmoClawra »

if you write your name in runes it will give you magical powers. i do it before a test or when i feel bored. and i thought runes can only be carved on rocks!!! but i dont live near the beach and there's nothing to find in a little suburb :cry: :cry: :( :(
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

does anyone have a list of all the symbols for each rune?
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

yup, these are the rune readings i use and from where i looked at the images to make my own set.
http://www.mystic-mouse.co.uk/Runes/Runehome.htm

Return to “Runes”