Willow: Nature's Aspirin

Moderator: Kassandra

Kassandra

Willow: Nature's Aspirin

Post by Kassandra »

Medicine doesn’t always happen to be a pill or a tea or a tincture.
Sometimes it is a walk in the woods.
–Hedgeliving

PART 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xBMxuH64XU

PART 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EffFUNi9afc

Myrth

Re: Willow: Nature's Aspirin

Post by Myrth »

Thanks for sharing!
Myrth
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Salicylic ..sal- le- cil -ick. She knows the component of her tree, just not how to pronounce it.
I enjoyed this Kassandra ...thanks
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

@Myrth: Thanks for reading/watching!

@firebirdflys:
firebirdflys wrote:Salicylic ..sal- le- cil -ick. She knows the component of her tree, just not how to pronounce it.
I enjoyed this Kassandra ...thanks
Hehe, yeah that was cute. One of her videos is titled, "Fer Cryin' Out Loud, I'm on Facebook" then she wrote, "....here's the problem, I don't know jack about Facebook...if you're a rock on the ground, you know more about it than I do." She's got a sense of humor.

I just checked out her Facebook, and it was interesting that I wondered above, "is this lady a botanist or what?" It turns out she is, in fact, a scientist, just not a botanist but a "forensic meteorologist" for the federal government. And as I wrote above, “ 'College' was often just the 2 or 3 –mile radius of land around a home, both the environment itself, and the wisdom of the people within that environment," it looks like opening such a "college" is literally in her plans for the future: Some Pictures on the campus of our yet to be named school. I get the sense all those Youtube vids are prototypes of the kind of classes she will teach in person one day.

By the way, I lit a candle on that wall you suggested: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/mes ... d=18182838 . Too bad they only stay lit for 48hrs. :wink:

Myrth

Post by Myrth »

I use twigs from the black willows on my land, but I am always interested in others' thoughts and techniques. I also appreciate the thoughtful approach to the entire experience.
Myrth
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

Very impressive!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Whew, made this tea the other night....made me really groggy, like the effect Valerian root has on me. But it didn't really do anything for my lower back pain, though. If I make it again, it would be to calm my nerves if I'm upset about something. For pain relief, I'd probably use something else.

Really enjoyed spending time with the trees, harvesting the twigs, making the tea, etc. The tea tasted like tea that Chinese herbalists have prescribed for me in the past, so I was used to the "woodsy taste" and didn't add sweetener or lemon --I've grown to like that taste, actually. In my mind I associate it with healing.

OK, that's my outcome report. lol

Return to “Kassandra's Foray in the Green”