Advice for meditating

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Balor's Eye

Advice for meditating

Post by Balor's Eye »

Ive tried meditating but the only thing I feel when Im done is dizzy, heavy and unbalanced. Im fully aware of my surroundings. So how do I know when Im truly meditating? Are their any suggestions towards what I should do to help me meditate? Does everything around go silent or am I suppose to hear everything thats happening around me? Any tips will be greatly appreciated!
_Balor.
Add this myspace for everyone interested in Witchcraft!
Its new and made by me! An amateur :]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/magickalgarden[/url]

Better to light a candle than
curse the darkness.
Dara

Post by Dara »

Perhaps you could try a guided meditation. There's one online that I like using. Here's the link.

Sometimes there are Buddhist meetings where they do guided meditations. Check your local pagan supply store or witchmart. Eventually, you will know what you should feel like when you've done one and the more you do them, the easier they will be to do without being guided.

I pretty much stick to doing some sort of guided meditation or trance. I can meditate if I need to in silence, but guided is more effective for me.
[SnowRaven]

Post by [SnowRaven] »

For me, meditation also works best in the 'guided sense'. I happened upon 3 written ones that works well for me as I am on the Maiden-Mother-Crone path.

Here is the third:

Crone Meditation - From “Maiden, Mother, Crone” by DJ Conway

Sit in a comfortable position with your feet flat on the floor and your hands in your lap. Close your eyes and visualize a white light coming into position over the top of your head. See it coming down over you until you are completely surrounded by the light. Breathe it in with slow, even breaths. Feel your body relaxing, beginning with your toes and working up to your jaw and head muscles. It may take more time to relax the muscles of the shoulders, neck and head than the rest of the body.

Now see yourself standing beside a well. The stone walls of the well are moss-covered and worn. Take all the problems in your life that are bothering you (that includes people) and drop them into the well. Then turn and walk away down a little path that leads through a grove of trees.

In a short time you come to a very high cliff wall at the end of the path. Set into the wall is an iron-bound oak door. The door is narrow and tall with a peak at the top. A huge brass ring hangs on one side of the door.You pull on the ring, and the door slowly comes open.

Inside is a deep tunnel, its curved roof illuminated for a space by two torches which hang in iron holders on either side of the door. As you step inside and take down one of the torches, the door slowly closes behind you.

The light of your torch illuminates the path before you, although the tunnel ahead is dark. You remember that you are protected; nothing can harm you.You set off down the tunnel which begins to gently curve, first one way,then the other. The small side-tunnels do not interest you. Your goal is the Mother’s chamber beyond the Maiden’s fountain, somewhere ahead in the labyrinth.

Before long you turn a corner and find yourself in the torch-lit
white-walled room with the Maiden’s fountain bubbling in its shallow bowl in the center. The Maiden stands near the entrance to another dark tunnel, Her hounds gathered at Her feet. She beckons to you, then turns and leads the way into the tunnel, the hounds running before you. You follow, your torch casting a circle of light around you.

You recognize the intricate twists and turns, the increase of side-tunnels, as the way to the Mother’s chamber. If you see any “ghosts” from your past live here, you may stop and communicate with them. If,however, you feel any threat coming from these apparitions, call to the Maiden and She will protect you.

The Maiden leads you deeper still into the twisting labyrinth. Soon you find yourself in the lighted, red-walled chamber with its crystal benches. The central fountain sounds like tiny bells as it falls into its bowl. The Maiden goes straight to the carnelian throne, where the Mother waits. On the back of the throne perches a white owl, its dark eyes staring at you.

In a soft voice, the Mother tells you to follow the owl. She gestures to the wall behind the throne. As you step past Her, you see a narrow opening outlined in crystal and amethyst points. She smiles encouragingly as you move toward the black tunnel. The owl leaves its perch and flies ahead of you, its white plumage glowing in the darkness.

You squeeze through the narrow opening. The tunnel is so narrow you can reach to each side and touch the crystal-studded walls. Without warming, your torch goes out, and you stand in complete darkness. Then you see the delicate flicker of light across the crystal walls. You squeeze around a corner and find yourself in a black-walled cave. The walls and ceiling are cloaked in deep shadows. The only light comes from an ornate lamp set on the low stone wall around a central pool. Just beyond the pool is a huge cauldron. The owl perches on the cauldron rim and looks at you.

You walk to the pool and lay your extinguished torch on the rocky floor. Gazing down into the still black waters of the pool, you may see scenes in the water - scenes from the past, the present or the future. Do not be discouraged if nothing is revealed during this visit. Sometimes it takes more than one journey to this pool before one can see backward and forward through time.

Beyond the cauldron, you see a movement, and a black-robed figure steps forward. A hood covers the head and shadows the face. Two long gray braids hang down across the breast. You stand silent for a few moments, gazing at this powerful figure. You feel no menace coming from the figure, only concern and deep love.

Then leathery hands are raised and the hood dropped back to reveal an older woman, the Crone, the Dark Mother. Although She is aged, She is very beautiful. Her eyes are filled with timeless wisdom. She holds out Her hands and you go to stand directly before Her, gazing into those wise eyes.

The Crone gestures for you to sit beside Her at the edge of the pool. She asks you if you have any questions about karmic patterns in your life. You may ask Her about any present event or person and how they fit in from other lifetimes. You may also ask about the future and how it is tied to the past. Confirmation or revelation of past lives is also within the realm of the Dark Mother. The Crone will give you the information She knows you will use in a positive way. She may, at times, refuse to answer until a later time. You can hide nothing from the all-seeing, all-knowing Dark Mother.

When you have finished your conversation, the Crone asks if you are ready for a rebirth. This can bring drastic changes, so think carefully before you decide. If you answer yes, She takes your arm and leads you to the far side of the huge cauldron where there are steps leading up to it. You climb the steps and stand looking down into its black interior. An inky, bubbling liquid fills the cauldron. The Crone speaks encouraging words in Her soft voice as you stand there. Finally, you leap into the cauldron and fall down into its blackness.

The cauldron experience is intensely personal. There is no single experience, therefore no way to describe it. You will, however, feel healing and strengthening taking place within your body, mind and soul. You may even see or experience past lives. At least you feel the Crone’s hands touch you, and you are lifted up again to stand at the top of the steps. Although you have been immersed in liquid, you are completely dry. The Dark Mother helps you down the steps and guides you to a black marble bench at the shadowed back of the cave. Both of you sit there while the Crone continues to instruct you and answer questions.

The Dark Mother takes a silver chalice from the floor near Her foot and holds it while you drink. The liquid is such a dark purple that it is almost black. It fills you with warmth, with hope, with renewal. The Crone gently touches the center of your forehead, your heart, and your belly. Where She has touched, there is a deep, intense feeling of warmth and energy. She presses into your hand a special symbol. This symbol may be entirely spiritual, or may actually come to you in the physical at a later date.

The Dark Mother leans forward and kisses your cheek. Instantly you are whirled away in a vortex of bright lights and melodic sounds. When the whirling stops, you find yourself once again at the exit door of the labyrinth. You push against it and go outside.

You take three deep, slow breaths and find yourself again in your chair in your present life surroundings. Sit quietly for a few moments to absorb what you experienced. If you like, make notes of your journey.

Be aware for the next few weeks, for messages and answers to questions may come from very unlikely people. Look at everything logically, though. Never take extreme answers at face value. Spirit never demands extreme or unethical action.
Balor's Eye

Thanks!

Post by Balor's Eye »

Thank you guys sooo much! Im super excited to try these out they sound really good! I was also wondering can I use a sountrack of relxing sounds of nature, I think there pretty calming and they help me connect more to nature.
_Balor.
Add this myspace for everyone interested in Witchcraft!
Its new and made by me! An amateur :]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/magickalgarden[/url]

Better to light a candle than
curse the darkness.
[SnowRaven]

Post by [SnowRaven] »

Many people use soft music, candles, incense.....
kakorpoate

Re: Advice for meditating

Post by kakorpoate »

Meditation is making time to listen to your inner being. The process of meditating has many forms. Meditation has many forms. Jogging, tai-chi, yoga. It can be difficult to start out in something like meditation if you have little or no experience. Yet there are some great new tools available these days provided by our ever loving Internet.
barefaced_mama

Re: Advice for meditating

Post by barefaced_mama »

Jogging is a great example...I never thought about it as a form of meditation but when you jog, you become very aware of your body inside and out. I jog once or twice a week, maybe this has been helping or is connected to me being more successful in my meditation.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”