Meditation Techniques?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
SolitaryWitch88

Meditation Techniques?

Post by SolitaryWitch88 »

Does anyone know of some good meditating techniques? I normally just do the Chakra opening that was taught to me by a friend, but lately I've been wanting to learn more ways to do it. I'd like to know about the visualization technique I've heard about, but I don't really understand it all the way through. I'd really appreciate the help!
Blessed Be!
Cali
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

One of the best guides I know of is "Working with your Chakras" by Ruth White.

She's got the least amount of BS going for this sort of thing. One of the great strengths of her approach is she doesn't rely on visualization, she actually gives you multiple approaches for sensing the chakras and explains them very very well.

There are other links I should post here... more later.
Kolohe
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe »

Here's a link to a lovely short e-book from around the turn of the century- for some reason I really enjoy the style that people from this era wrote in.

http://www.katinkahesselink.net/other/w ... ation.html

Kolohe
Yellow_day

Post by Yellow_day »

When I want something I meditate about receiving it. I go through every detail I want to experience. It works for me.
7meditations

Post by 7meditations »

Yellow_day wrote:When I want something I meditate about receiving it. I go through every detail I want to experience. It works for me.
Yep, All you have to do is ask and it will be presented to you, sometimes you may not even know its happening until later. Gotta love that invisible force. :D
whitewitch

Post by whitewitch »

Visualization techniques are like day dreaming. Try shutting your eyes concentrate on your breathing and when you are completely relaxed you take yourself on a journey.
Try imagining you are sitting on a grassy bank, there is a tranquil lake, you feel the stillness, you feel the calm, there is no one there but you, absorb the colours look up at the sky, breath the clear fresh air, the scent of flowers wafts past. You feel entirely still and peaceful, this is your haven, this is a place you can go to whenever you meditate, it is a place you will always be safe and always find clarity, you may stay as long as you wish.
Before you come out of your meditation, look around at your beautiful setting you have created, absorb the serenity breathe deeply, knowing you can go back there whenever you want. Visualization is a matter of drawing a mental setting that you can return to anytime you wish, it can be as grand or as simple as you choose. You can create for yourself a variety of settings depending on your mood.
blackwavy

Post by blackwavy »

For those who want to meditation work, which is the foundation to any spiritual work.

1. breathing exercises- concentrate on your breathes.

2. Look at one part of the room without blinking. You'll zone out--become very relaxed.

3. As you do either of the 2, pay attention to the center of the forehead and top of the forehead. Allowing your breathing to put pressure on those areas.
kakorpoate

Re: Meditation Techniques?

Post by kakorpoate »

Meditation is easier than most people think. It really only takes four things Sit down, Be quiet, Concentrate on inward attention and focus your mind. Second best way that we can create that change is to change our thoughts from being negative to positive. The positive discovery about meditation is that we are focusing within our self and becoming free of negativity.
barefaced_mama

Post by barefaced_mama »

I have recently started meditation, I had tried to in the past with no luck to quiet my mind. This time around, it has been much easier. I don't know why but maybe it is from age.

I have been using meditations out of the spiral dance by starhawk. When I meditate, I find it easier to relax laying down. I ground myself too because it helps me feel more connected. I imagine myself a tree, growing roots. From there, I focus on my third eye. I agree with the previous poster about the pressure. I feel this pressure and image opening my third eye, and image light coming from it. I have found that naturally, my breathing slows and quiets. I think the hardest part is quieting your mind, if you can do that, you are halfway there.
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

I think my favorite meditation is just the simple relaxation one. Putting on some calming instrumental music, and concentrating on each body part, relaxing it as I go along.
I haven't done a lot of this recently (though I know I should more than ever) because of school and a lot of personal stress, but it's one of the simplest and my personal favorite.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”