thunderstorms

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
saianalyd

thunderstorms

Post by saianalyd »

so sometimes during thunderstorms i seem to wind up with all this energy in my hands and forearmss. like i'm tying to make a psi ball or something, only i'm not doing it on purpose.it kindof feels like a buzzing. and it's difficult for me to push the energy away, i usually have to wait for the storm to pass.

the other day a huge cold front came through and we had one of the biggest storms i can remember. and it happened again, but much stronger. this time it wasn't just in my hands, though it was strongest there. it spread up my arms and my whole body. it was really strong and eventually i got a headache. it made me feel drained, but also very enegetic and hyper. i still felt the energy for a while after the storm had passed. and i felt the tiredness and the hyperness for several hours after that.

what is going on, and how can i control it?
-lydia
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

What's going on is that you're feeling the energy of the storm flow through you and around you. Thunder and lightning storms are some of the best times to do some spells because they charge everything around them. Isn't it a wonderful feeling? This is part why I love storms so much! But you do need to be careful, especially during the big storms. Make sure you're grounding yourself against both the lightning AND the energy. They aren't necessarily the same thing, but if you google weather patterns and storm formations you'll learn about the way air currents and electricity move in the storm, and it might give you some valuable insight into how all the energy moves during this time.

Next time there's a storm observe it (from a safe place!) using that information. Watch the clouds (speed, direction), precipitation patterns, lightning location and thunder timing. Drink some calming tea and try to ground and centre yourself as long as possible, allowing the energy of the storm to flow through you and back into the earth. If it gets to be too much, close the curtains or go inside and have a relaxing bath or whatever you do that works. If the energy builds up in you and you want to use/discharge it, have a spell prepared ahead of time that you want to perform. The energy and emotion generated by the storm will really help you!
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

arent storms the best for that!!!

they send me crazier...but in a good way ;)
saianalyd

Post by saianalyd »

well i must say it took me by surprise. i was a little freaked lol.
but how can i guard aginst the storm?
-lydia
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

"but how can i guard aginst the storm?"

...why would you want too?
saianalyd

Post by saianalyd »

well i dont wanna guard aginst the energy. but if i let it get out of control coulldnt i get struck by lighning or something?
im paranoid lol
-lydia
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Well, chances are you won't get struck by lightening unless you are outside, in the rain, on a flat plane where you are the highest thing around. Also, don't stand under any trees, or on your roof during said storm. A friend of mine got struck that way. He survived, but hey.

No, the energy overload you are experiencing is mostly because there's lots of *magickal* energy during a storm. You just need to ground to keep from feeling overloaded, or heck, do a spell! It's the perfect time.
saianalyd

Post by saianalyd »

okie thets good to know :D lol like i said im paranoid
-lydia
brokenxdreams

Post by brokenxdreams »

This might sound a bit daft but can you really get struck by lightening inside your house?
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

You CAN get struck by lightning, in a way, while inside your house. This can only happen if the grounding THROUGH your house is faulty and you happen to be touching or reaching for a conductive object that's touching the circuit at the time of the strike. I know someone it happened to (who survived, lucky bastard! lol) but that was a PHENOMALLY massive storm with a ridiculous number of strikes per minute and it was a pretty old house. So, you shouldn't have any problems like that!
saianalyd

Post by saianalyd »

again, that's comforting lol
-lydia
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Sorry, babe ;)

I'm a storm junkie, so I can't think of many things more exhilerating than what you described!
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

The peak of the hurricane season is around the corner in my part of the country. Assuming you are hunkered down well enough (and, as in my case, far enough inland to usually get jut the tropical storm winds), what are your opinions on the hurricane and/or tropical storm winds? I know this sounds weird, but I had an odd experience (I'll keep it at that) just an hour or so before Hurricane Charley came inland back in 2004 which seemed to lead to happiness nd prosperity for my husband and me for a long time.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Hurricanes are an awesome force of nature. I can't imagine what the energy would be like (though I've been through tornadoes, probably a different feel but similar intensities). The main problem with dealing with that sort of storm would be safety, as you've pointed out. In the typical thunderstorm around here I have no issues going outside. In a hurricane I would probably decide to do my spell another day - unless I was lucky/unlucky enough to be in the 'eye'! (I can't tell if it's a good or bad thing to be there... it would be beautiful, I think, but that means weathering the worst winds twice!)
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I have to wonder if those "storm chasers" got glamoured by the storm itself. :-)

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”