When you close you eyes

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Morena21

When you close you eyes

Post by Morena21 »

Greetings,

I have a quick question. Sometimes while meditating or trying to fall asleep I see bright crystal colours and sometimes shapes or patterns which are very defined. I could almost draw them again if I had to.

Anyone have any clue what it mean scientifically and spiritually?

Thank you.

Edit

Scientific:
"Phosphenes are the moving visual sensations of stars and patterns we see when we close our eyes. They are thought to be caused by the inherent electrical charges the retina produces even when it is in its “resting state” and not taking in a ton of information and light like it does when our eyes are open." Huffington Post- Google
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: When you close you eyes

Post by Firebird »

I saw something similar to your note from Huffington post. When you first shut your eyes the rods and cones go through a period of adjustment to the new darkness causing flashing and retinal images. But you describe something I see when smelling flowers with patterns so vivid I could draw them ...and I have. Maybe get a doodle pad of paper and jot down these pictures, see if there is anything it might correlate to line up with in ordinary life, maybe they are precognitive.?
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: When you close you eyes

Post by SpiritTalker »

No, I dunno what makes it happen either ... if it’s an eye sensory thing or a brain thing. but, yea, I see a whole rainbow sometimes, but mostly when I close my eyes and turn them upwards as if looking at my forehead even though they’re closed, I see blue and purple streams; then I fade out. So I take my colors as a sign I’m in the zone.

There’s been 3 times I’ve seen a black sun image - a sun wheel design of 12 rays with hooks at the ends. And I still saw it hanging in the air with my eyes open, superimposed on the background of the room. 😳

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”