Meditation for work

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
midg3

Meditation for work

Post by midg3 »

I work a job at a factory and I'm on my feet for 12hrs a day. I do enjoy my work but sometimes I find my thoughts straying and dwelling on negative things and before I know it iv been dragging for what feels like hours, inside and out.

I like to spend 20-30 minutes meditating before/on the way to work and I feel great when I start my day. I try to go outside and immerse myself in the landscape and sky behind the plant to refocus. But I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas for keeping in that mindful/meditative state throughout the day so as not to allow negative/dull thoughts the chance to take hold.

Any input would be great.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: Meditation for work

Post by planewalker »

Take mini mental vacations. Think of something special your planning or remember special or favorite things you've done. Take a few minutes to think of special people in your life. Think of silly stuff like how your boss would look with a "Kick Me" sign or other funny thing. Sing a favorite song in your head or hum a tune you like. Just go with positive things to break up the repetition in your job. It should be something to break up the day into manageable chunks.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”