Am I on the right track?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
MissMae

Am I on the right track?

Post by MissMae »

Hello!

So I was curious if I am close to where I should be aiming for, or if I need to change something. I'm going to put two things following this because one of them was sort of newish?

Usually what I do is I sit (or lay) somewhere quiet. Usually, ends up being my bathroom since the rest of the family isn't going to bother me in there. Sometimes it's my bed if I'm feeling nauseous and can't stand up. I stay there for about 5ish minutes (minimum 2, maximum 10) and first take a couple deep breaths. Like inhaling through my nose, exhaling through my mouth. I do this until I feel like everything is relaxed as it will get. Then I just breathe normally, but kind of deeply, through my nose. I don't know how to explain this part very well, but basically, I focus on my breath but also don't focus on it. I try to keep my mind silent, where there aren't any thoughts going through my head, and let my breath be the thing I'm most aware of. Everything else I'm aware of, but I don't pay attention to it. Kind of like a bird's eye view scene, where my breathing is the center point, and I can "see" everything on the side, but it's focused on my breathing. Not sure if that makes sense...
There have been a few times where I sit there long enough, and I start feeling light. I can feel the tile underneath me, but it feels like I'm not touching it, or at least there's something in between us. I don't feel the "breeze" from the AC thing, and everything outside of the bathroom kind of seems to become muffled, or quieter.

The second thing happened today, maybe 30 minutes ago. I went outside and found a nice patch of dirt/sand (people are redoing our backyard so it wasn't difficult). I did my deep breaths until I felt calm. I tried to focus on my breath but the sand was warm since the sun had heated it up, so I focused on that instead. Then it started to rain a little bit, and that is when I sort of felt it. I felt the head from the sand underneath me, the warmish breeze against my arms, the rain drops hit me. Usually, I get angry if I get wet from the rain, or from a sprinkler or whatever, but this time I was so calm. I wanted to stay outside and just stay there because it felt so peaceful, but not quiet. I could hear the birds in the trees and the sound of wind going through leaves. The tips of my fingers had gotten the pins and needles feeling and that's when I had to actually remind myself that my house was right behind me because I had forgotten. I didn't stay out there long because my mom wanted me out of the rain inside.

I'm not sure if these are good examples or not, but do I need to change anything? Should I try something different?

Thank you so much for helping!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Am I on the right track?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Sounds to me like you're on the right track. I'm not sure about nausea and being unable to stand. Is that common in your daily life, or just when you meditate? If it's from meditating, just use normal breathing.
MissMae

Post by MissMae »

SpiritTalker wrote:Sounds to me like you're on the right track. I'm not sure about nausea and being unable to stand. Is that common in your daily life, or just when you meditate? If it's from meditating, just use normal breathing.
I should've included that info, but no, that's just my daily life due to the pill. Also, thank you for your reply! I will keep with it!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

That forgetting-the-house-is-right-behind-you thing happens to me often. The further I go, the weirder it gets when I open my eyes. Not only "where am I" but "when" can slap me for a minute, which is unsettling. I found one way to fix it is to not open my eyes until I've reminded myself by just telling myself, where I'm sitting. And occasionally I just don't remember, so I do a grounding and centering to re-set, then open my eyes.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”