Unfamiliar Energic Feelings

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Shannon

Unfamiliar Energic Feelings

Post by Shannon »

So I'm VERY new to meditation. I've been giving it a try for maybe 6 weeks now and have only managed a little over half a dozen times.
About two weeks ago I tapped into an odd feeling while trying to practice grounding. It's a feeling that I've definitely felt in the past on occasion and I absolutely cannot figure out whether its some type of energic pulse or if I'm simply contracting a muscle that I was never aware of intil now. I can't explain it any other way so it's going to sound strange but it almost feels like doing a kegel exercises without actual doing them at the very start. It always begins in either my legs or lower region of my body (general genital area) and I control it with concentration. It takes a ridiculous amount of concentration and I pretty much have to hold my breath or else it just quickly dissipates. I work this feeling upwards as far as I can and then I typically have to let go and it leaves me with tingling, chills, and butterflies in my stomach if I can pull it up far enough. I can't get it past that point that and it makes my body feel like jell-o. I usually can't hold it past 10 seconds. In addition, there is nothing unearthly or paranormal about this experience. It's just odd because it feels like im clenching every muscle in my lower and mid body when I'm not doing anything. Is this something to pay attention to?
corvidus

Re: Unfamiliar Energic Feelings

Post by corvidus »

It sounds like you're trying to sublimate your sexual energy. It will help to breath, rather than hold your breath. The breath stimulates it's activity and movement up the spine.

The breath will also help you clear out blockages while the energy is moving upwards.

Disregard this post if you don't think it's relevant.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It might be related to your root and sacral chakras. It sounds like you're trying to pull the energy up through your chakras, but can't get beyond the sacral.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

corvidus wrote:It sounds like you're trying to sublimate your sexual energy. It will help to breath, rather than hold your breath. The breath stimulates it's activity and movement up the spine.

The breath will also help you clear out blockages while the energy is moving upwards.

Disregard this post if you don't think it's relevant.
I tried to read a little bit about this and comprehend. I think I understand but not exactly sure why it's done or what it's used for? I have a lot of sexual energy that I'm trying to convert for other energic purposes? Definitely sounds interesting but not sure how or why I've discovered that.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

If you look into Taoist Yoga, or Neidan or Neigong, you might find some answers ;)

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”