Scary Meditation Help

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
GirlUnderTheTree

Scary Meditation Help

Post by GirlUnderTheTree »

Hello again all.

Recently I've started meditation again. I'm really enjoying guided or hypnosis meditations because they help to quiet my mind.
However I'm seeming to be coming across a large problem and I'm unsure of how to even go about solving it.
When I meditate my mind try's to sabotage the experience. Let me give an example.

In meditation I'll be walking along, cheerful and I'll come across a wolf. I'll attempt to talk to them and they'll talk back. When my mind will try to by any means possible try to harm myself in the meditation or make me the "bad guy". Suddenly the wolf will start growling at me and trying to tear my head off. Or the animal/person will start yelling at me that "it's not my guide" and get really angry with me.

Another more recent example of this was when I was trying to do a nature spirits mediation. All was going well till I saw a fairy ring. For some reason, my mind kept repeating a scenario where I smashed the fairy ring and all the fae began to hiss and attack me.

These are just two examples but I have tons because it happens so often. It really gets me down and then I start to think that perhaps my guide caused it because there angry with me. I've heard people talk about seeing scary stuff when there meditating and saying to do protection. But what exactly do you do when you are the bad guy?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Nature is my church, and my heart is my guide.
~blessed be everyone~
smogie_michele

Re: Scary Meditation Help

Post by smogie_michele »

That is interesting.
The only thing that is really coming to mind right now is that maybe there is something you are dealing with internally that need to be resolved before you can move further into your meditations. I always have a hard time mediating when I'm dealing with a internal battle, but I am usually interrupted by negative thoughts telling me I'm "stupid" or "worthless," but not necessarily by me being a bad guy. When this happens, I have to spend a good amount of time identifying what the root issue is before I can go back to successful meditation.

Just my take on it. Hope it all works out for you soon :)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

smogie_michele wrote:That is interesting.
The only thing that is really coming to mind right now is that maybe there is something you are dealing with internally that need to be resolved before you can move further into your meditations.

I agree.

The Ego is responsible for protecting us, and when we reach a meditative state on the point of "breaking through" it tries to keep itself alive.

If you want to reach the next step, make a contract with your ego, that you're not going to harm yourself and you will return to a normal state of consciousness after the experience is over :)
GirlUnderTheTree

corvidus wrote:
smogie_michele wrote:That is interesting.
The only thing that is really coming to mind right now is that maybe there is something you are dealing with internally that need to be resolved before you can move further into your meditations.

I agree.

The Ego is responsible for protecting us, and when we reach a meditative state on the point of "breaking through" it tries to keep itself alive.

If you want to reach the next step, make a contract with your ego, that you're not going to harm yourself and you will return to a normal state of consciousness after the experience is over :)
Thank you both for your opinions.
Corvidus you mentioned something about making a contract with my ego? How exactly do I go about that? Is it something I need to like sit and meditate on separately, or just when the "bad guy" visions appear?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
~blessed be everyone~
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

GirlUnderTheTree wrote: Corvidus you mentioned something about making a contract with my ego? How exactly do I go about that? Is it something I need to like sit and meditate on separately, or just when the "bad guy" visions appear?
It's something you set up before you begin meditating.

It's literally a contract on paper between you and your ego. I won't give you a very detailed outline because you should express it in your own words, but it should basically identify that the ego gets control of your consciousness in "normal" situations but that your higher self or Spirit gets control of your consciousness in "spiritual" situations or during meditation.

If the ego brings up any "fears" a good way to do that is to make a compromise in the contract. Something like stating you'll have a special Athame for protection.

Let me know if that's not very clear explanation! Haha
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I'm kinda digging the idea of physically writing out a contract. It seems like a good way to make the issue a little more tangible.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
GirlUnderTheTree

Corvidus, that sounds like a good idea, definitely gonna have to try it out soon.
~blessed be everyone~
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

This used to (and still does but to a lesser extent) bother me. I'm not absolutely sure but I do think it's because you have unresolved issues involving fear. The "things going wrong" you are experiencing are a product of a rampant fear in your mind. You may be aware of what exactly it is that's causing you to have so much fear, or you may not. However it is important to address these fears you may have. How I dealt with it, instead of getting wrapped up in that fear projection, I just continued as if it didn't happen(but it is important to acknowledge it as it did happen) and re imagine whatever it was I was imagining.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”