Heaviness and numbness while meditating

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

For about the last month, I have been doing almost daily guided meditations from YouTube. Today I was going one of my favourites, a 15 minute healing meditation, when I started to experience some heaviness and numbness.

In the guided meditation, there is a section where you walk on grass. Usually, I can feel the grass under both my feet but today my left foot was numb in the meditation. To test this, I walked on some pebbles afterwards in real life and I think there is a section of the arch of my left foot this is a little less sensitive than the right arch. I have never experienced this numbness before in a meditation or in real life.

Also during the meditation, I felt that my left hip and leg were heavy and weighing me down while my right hip and leg were really light. Again, I've never experienced this before.

I was lying down on my bed and holding a piece of amethyst in my right hand which I don't normally do. I didn't do any particular cleansing or warding before meditating but I had recently cleaned my whole house with incense (I do this regularly).

Does anyone have any thoughts on what may have caused this heaviness and numbness?
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

You were most definitely putting yourself into hypnosis. It's actually pretty common during meditation since they are pretty similar states already. Self-hypnosis can be great for releasing and for working on yourself. And it's actually used for things such as past-life regressions too.

As for your left hip and leg feeling heavier and the right feeling light, it could be a body syndrome. Which one felt out of sync with the rest of your body? I know that the legs and hips represent wanting to run away from something. While, your left side represents creativity and relationships, and the right represents career and finances. Not saying that's what it was, just something to ponder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obsidian

Re: Heaviness and numbness while meditating

Post by Obsidian »

Thanks Katrinkah, I'll look into this.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”