Weird meditation experience - Help?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Pxthology

Weird meditation experience - Help?

Post by Pxthology »

I have been practicing meditation nightly. I am quite new to the world of being a Pagan/Wiccan, and am doing lots of research and taking baby steps with any sort of magick (I only cast my first circle yesterday..).

I have been spending my time while I'm learning and connecting with the Lady and Lord (my preferred names) doing different things to get more in tune with their energies, the elements, and Earth's energies. One way I'm doing that is by meditation.

The reason for this post is that the last few times I've meditated, my mind keeps ending up focusing on a blue Bengal Tiger.. I don't know if I'm going crazy, or if this could have some sort of meaning? I have asked the Lady and Lord to help me to understand what it could mean, but I have yet to understand. I'm not particularly interested in tigers.. They're beautiful animals and I am a huge animal lover, but jungle cats have never been my biggest interest, so I find it odd that one would be calling to me during meditation (let alone a BLUE one..), so I'm lost.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could mean, or why it is happening?

Thank you & Blessed Be!
lunamoth

Re: Weird meditation experience - Help?

Post by lunamoth »

Sometimes the images and ideas that pop up during meditation seem meaningless at the time. We don't always know the meaning, but usually in time, particularly if that image keeps on coming up, we can decipher it. Have you tried speaking to the tiger ? Ask what it wants or what it would like to tell you. The obvious meaning of a tiger is strength and a ferocious tendency to get what it wants. That may make sense to you or it may not. Good luck!
Pxthology

Post by Pxthology »

I have tried speaking to it, but I don't seem to get any answer, or at least not one that has been obvious to me.

The meaning of a tiger I have looked into, but that's not clicking either with me. I'm hoping soon that another "clue" will present itself to me. Last night was much of the same.....Blue Bengal Tiger.

Its so frustrating! I know it has to mean something, but I'm completely in the dark as to what :/
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Post by EtherealMoonRose »

I agree with lunamoth.

I meditated once and saw a grey wolf, just its head front on, as if it was staring me in the face. Never had any interest or connection with them before (as beautiful and interesting as they are) I still haven't found what the connection was or seen it since but it definitely made me more curious about wolves. Perhaps one day i'll understand the significance?
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
Pxthology

Post by Pxthology »

I'm going to meditate specifically on it for a while and see if any answers emerge.. I'll post back with any findings :)
Pxthology

Post by Pxthology »

Just posting back on this. It's been a few weeks now, and nothing has come up of any significance. Perhaps it was nothing after all. Very strange, but I'm going to move on from it unless something comes up with it again.

Thank you all.
lunamoth

Post by lunamoth »

Hey p.s., just found this article on blue bengal cats....maybe you're meant to get one..http://www.hdw-inc.com/ourcats.htm
Pxthology

Post by Pxthology »

Haha maybe so!
ness

Post by ness »

In the past, in my meditation for protection, I have had two friendly snakes wrap around me. They were with me the whole time and three of us felt calm and relaxed in each other's presence. Now I feel that they are always with me and I don't "fear" of things much anymore.

Maybe the blue Bengal Tiger does not have a direct meaning to you right this minute. Try focusing on how the presence makes you feel, maybe? Are you anxious, are you calm, are you restless? These might be clues on the intended purpose of it's appearance.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”