Help with Meditation and Astral Projection

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
candlelight-sky

Post by candlelight-sky »

I have been attempting to meditate, and, more specifically, astral project, but it seems as if I am unable to do either of these. I think it may have to do with the fact that meditation is very visual, and you need to visualize in your mind what you want to happen; I'm not very good at visualization. Is there anything that could help? Thanks :)
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Help with Meditation and Astral Projection

Post by Seraphin »

You may do activities that can increase creativity and imagination in all areas of life like drawing/painting, creative writing, playing chess, roleplaying, etc. Astral Projection starts with meditation. Meditation starts with visualization. Visualization starts with imagination and imagination starts with a creative idea. All these practices grow when creative ideas are acted upon.

Do some activities you like that will bring clarity of thought. An activity that will make you think of ideas, pictures and creative patterns and sequences of the many possibilities that exist. Every move you make in the chosen activity brings more and more of your goals, desires, decisions and strategies.

We all learn regardless of whether we become adept to the activity or not. The combination of creative ideas and organized thought would certainly help you to improve your meditative skills.

Get good at this over consciousness works (meditation/ astral projection) and you'll be able to apply this to your mundane life. Imagine what you want to achieve, regardless of how "difficult and impossible" it might be. Set your objective, help yourself and take required actions needed to make it happen. Barriers will pop up for sure, but they wont be a problem if you anticipate them and plan continues.

Imaginative and creative activities drills anyone to routinely accomplish their goals, the ones they create that come from their imagination and visualization.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
ness

Re: Help with Meditation and Astral Projection

Post by ness »

Sometimes, to aid the visualization, you can imagine your favorite movie scene. This could be a scene at a great location or the ambiance might have appealed to you. Now close your eyes and try to recreate that scene. You can do this with paintings/photographs as well. As the scene gets clearer, just observe where your mind is taking you.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

candlelight-sky wrote:I have been attempting to meditate, and, more specifically, astral project, but it seems as if I am unable to do either of these. I think it may have to do with the fact that meditation is very visual, and you need to visualize in your mind what you want to happen; I'm not very good at visualization. Is there anything that could help? Thanks :)

I always start by picturing something red that is NOT supposed to be red. .. Something like a grasshopper. The grasshopper hops across ( something orange that isn't supposed to be orange) grass. ... I look across an orange field at yellow trees. I focus closer and see a green owl. The green owl flies off and lands in the top of a blue barn. In the blue barn is a purple tractor. .. And in a stall is an indigo horse. You repeat the colors in that order ... The indigo horse eats red hay. Etc etc. before you know it you are so deep. But in control of visions and places.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”