Chakra Meditation?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
TheWhiteWitch

Chakra Meditation?

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

Are there certain meditations, stones, or herbs that can help open my chakras. I'm not sure that is the right way to express it. I'm most interested in the Third Eye Chakra and have been wanting to work with it for quite some time now :wink2:
corvidus

Re: Chakra Meditation?

Post by corvidus »

TheWhiteWitch wrote:Are there certain meditations, stones, or herbs that can help open my chakras. I'm not sure that is the right way to express it. I'm most interested in the Third Eye Chakra and have been wanting to work with it for quite some time now :wink2:

Hey there TheWhiteWitch :)

You've expressed yourself quite well. However, trying to 'open' a chakra isn't really the right approach; the correct way of looking at it is that you're trying to open your awareness of them.

First off, here's something for your perusal: Shiva Lingam Stone and Meditation.

Second, a little bit of info on exercising the Third Eye -- because basically, that's the only way to 'open' it other than become quite a serious student of a Yoga tradition.

Think of the Third Eye like a muscle. The more weights you lift with it, the stronger it will be. Our metaphorical weight-lifting routines, in this case, are visualization meditations. These types of meditations come in two forms. 1) Heavy weight, low repetition, or 2) Light weight, high repetition.

1) The 'heavy' lifting is usually one session in the morning, one in the evening. Each meditation session is between 30 - 45 minutes long.

2) The 'light' lifting is usually four or five meditation sessions throughout the day, no longer then 15 minutes each.

It really depends how much time you have. Another factor is what you're visualizing. The more common things to visualize for working magick are the Runes (or some other magickal language you might know/want to learn), images of your a Deity, and the classic geometric shapes of circle, triangle, and square.

To develop clair-voyance, pay particular attention to visualizing colours.

To develop clair-audience, visualize sounds -- like the ticking of a clock, water running and other elemental stuff.

To develop clair-sentience, work with another object and, with your hands, try to 'feel' it's aura without physically touching it (especially freshly charged gemstones and plants).

Apparently there are two other 'senses' that can be developed, but I'm sure you can adapt the method ;)
TheWhiteWitch

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

Hello Corvidus,
Thank you so very much for your very thorough post. I haven't yet clicked the link, but I am sure it is just as thought out as your post was. I am definitely excited to try these exercises. I have plenty time due to my 'transition phase' ( I like to call my before school period this) so, I might do the light lifting many times a day. I also didn't know there were so many types! :surprisedwitch:
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Kool!

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”