meditations

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Ravenstar

meditations

Post by Ravenstar »

I am starting to meditate. At first I didn't feel anything then I began to feel energy and tingling from Spirit going through my body from my crown chakra. Anyway I
Do grounding with the root images
Imagine the Divine through my crown chakra
Count from 10 to 1 as I imagine going down a staircase to my basic psychic level where I do affirmations etc.

Lately though I feel stagnant. I can't feel energy etc. Anymore. What exercises can I do to develop my psychic abilities? I feel scatter brained and can't concentrate. When I center what Diego I do when I'm there? I have a bookstore to meditate with but find my quartz crystal does more. Any suggestions? Thank. Blessings. :flyingwitch:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: meditations

Post by Firebird »

I think you will find if you keep at it. ..the transition will become easier. We all hit little plateaus and temporary road blocks.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
GodsLovingLight

Post by GodsLovingLight »

To share my introduction into meditation: The first time I began meditating, I sat with legs folded on my bed. After that I closed my eyes and relaxed. I didn't focus on one thing or another and since I hadn't meditated before I didn't know what to expect. I kept my eyes closed and noticed after a while that I had relaxed and felt as though I entered an empty space. I meditated for a total of 30 - 40 minutes before being snapped out of it by a knocking on my door. That was my first experience, after that I continued to meditate every day for a while and after the first time is when I started to get more out of it.

I think the key is to find a comfortable place and position to be in then don't focus on anything. Let whatever comes into your mind go out on it's own. Don't try to control the thoughts as you have them. That will block your progress. After you are able to clear your head from meditating that way, you should be able to get out of meditation what you are hoping to. Sometimes you have to clear your head using meditation before you can get what you want out of it. I hope that helps.

Lee :)
Ravenstar

Post by Ravenstar »

Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. Blessings. :flyingwitch:
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Meditation is all about letting go of thoughts. When I do a guided meditation for my students I have several techniques to use to keep their minds quiet. Think of you mind as a train station, and you are sitting on the platform. Your thoughts are the trains as they come in. You don't want to hop on the train and follow it. Let it keep rolling through the train station.

One I like is to close your eyes, connect to your breath, following the breath as it moves through your body. Then go into your minds eye and see a clear blue sky, notice as any clouds pass by, but don't attach your mind to the clouds. Let your thoughts be like the clouds, don't attach to them. If any thoughts come up let them flow by like the clouds.

I also do a guided meditation focusing on different parts of the body similar to Nidra Yoga.

I think if you find you are hitting a plateau find different ways to meditate and see if one works better for you or not. There are so many different ways to meditate - chakra cleansing and japa meditation work the best for me.
GodsLovingLight

Post by GodsLovingLight »

AnaisStar,

I really liked the guided meditations you described. I was able to visualize them in amazing detail. Do you have a youtube channel or an audio file you would be willing to share of one of your guided meditations? I'm really interested in them.

Thank you,
Ravenstar

Post by Ravenstar »

Oh I get it now. I guess what I was doing were visualization exercises and grounding. Meditation is the opposite. Cool. Blessings. :flyingwitch:
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Ravenstar wrote:Oh I get it now. I guess what I was doing were visualization exercises and grounding. Meditation is the opposite. Cool. Blessings. :flyingwitch:
Guided meditations and visualization are part of mediating. They are tools as some people have a hard time just sitting in silence in order to connect to Divine. These tools are little stepping stones. Eventually as you get "better" at meditating you can let go of these tools. Mediation is different for everyone though. The main goal of mediation is to clear your mind, connect to a higher consciousness/the divine and the concsioness and divine within yourself.

GodsLovingLight wrote:AnaisStar,

I really liked the guided meditations you described. I was able to visualize them in amazing detail. Do you have a youtube channel or an audio file you would be willing to share of one of your guided meditations? I'm really interested in them.

Thank you,
I only have one on my YT channel, which is a cleansing mediations using water to "cleanse" yourself. I need to do more. I would love to record the Yoga Nidra one I do. Ive been doing that one lately and my students are loving it.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”