Pain While Meditating

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
NovaHeart

Pain While Meditating

Post by NovaHeart »

I just recently started having a problem while meditating.When ever I close my eyes and start, I begin to have a pain in my forehead.Shortly after, if I continue the meditation, it feels like I am falling or rotating(Violently)I end up having to break the meditation in order to prevent a headache.Since the pain in mostly right above my eyes, my thoughts are that there's something affecting my third eye, but I don't know what, or how to fix the problem.Have you felt this, and what do you suggest I do?
Sakura Blossom

Re: Pain While Meditating

Post by Sakura Blossom »

It could potentially be a problem with your third eye, as I don't see it being a physical health problem. I know that sometimes if I close my eyes and try to meditate, I do get a headache in that same area.

You could try to align your chakras, and that might allow you to feel some relief from this.

What I do, is I close my eyes and bring white/gold/silver light in through my head and drag my hands over my chakras as if I was pulling them into a straight line. It is simple enough, and helps me out a lot.

Do you do grounding before you start meditating? Or shielding?
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
random417

Post by random417 »

This relates to astral projection. The falling or spinning is the separation of the astral body from the physical body. The headaches are caused by either the jolt back to your body, or not getting quite all the way back in. I'm at work without my books and stuff, but I'll try to dig up some stuff that will help when I get home
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
NovaHeart

Post by NovaHeart »

Thanks for the advice.Usually, I don't ground myself during a meditation(I reserve it for ritual), but if it helps, I might start.I'll look into chakra alignment and astral projection to see if I can find a solution.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

It could be related to you third eye. It could be related to astral projection. It could be related to an undiagnosed physical disorder like an inner ear problem.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Dita_Aster

Post by Dita_Aster »

Usually when I have pain or strange sensations while meditating, if I am able to try to be present with the sensation then it usually opens up to reveal more about what it is. Meditation certainly isn't always peaceful! But if you're having headaches, also try drinking extra water and maybe see a conventional doctor just to be sure. As or the spinning sensation, that can come from energies being out of whack. I'd recommend yoga, or try meditating - being present in your body - while lying flat on your back. Or trying slow walking meditation. These can help restore balance in my experience.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Deeper meditations will require some grounding afterwards. Even something like take an Epsom salt bath, or eating salty foods, and drinking lots of water will help to ground you.

You could also release any energy down into the earth as part of grounding when you come out of meditation.

The sensation in the third eye could be part of your third eye trying to open. But pain makes me think there is something more physical going on that you might want to have a doctor check out.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”