Spirit guides

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
dolphinpatronus

Spirit guides

Post by dolphinpatronus »

I would like to find out who my spirit guide (or guides) is (or are) but I'm terrible at meditation & seldom remember my dreams. Do any of you have any suggestions as to other ways I can go about finding out?

TIA for any tips

Blessings,
Estee
Estee :)
Siona

Re: Spirit guides

Post by Siona »

Have you explored less common forms of meditation, like a walking meditation, or something more active than some of the more usual forms? Or even something like guided meditation? Beyond that, there are things like trance work/spirit journeying which can be a bit different than meditation, and some have more success with that where they have issues with some of the more common forms of meditation, they often tend to engage more of the senses/the body in a way that meditation might not.

Some other possible ways include trying to contact them through some sort of divination, be it tarot, or scrying.

If your problem with dreamwork is just not remembering, sometimes keeping a dream journal right when you wake up can help you remember more and more over the longer term. You might have already tried something like that, but if not you might find it worth trying.
dolphinpatronus

I'm not familiar with some of those forms of meditation I'll have to look into those. I've been looking into learning tarot. I want to find a set that has a book because very familiar with the card meanings. I made my own scrying mirror & I tried to use it a few times but I'm horrible at it. I only ever see my reflection :/ I've tried some pendulum work but you can only get so far when your questions are limited. As far as dream journals go it's pointless I really don't remember them & the rare few I do are very mundane usually just a rehash of my day.
Siona

Post by Siona »

dolphinpatronus wrote: I made my own scrying mirror & I tried to use it a few times but I'm horrible at it.
Well, something to keep in mind is that it can take quite a while to develop a skill, be it meditation or scrying... and there are lots of variants you can play around with, too. Like, if a mirror doesn't work, there's also a candle's flame, burning embers, a black bowl of water (with this and the mirror, you can look into it fro an angle so you don't see yourself), incense smoke, a crystal ball or other crystals/gems, and so on. So there are a lot of other options in that area, too.
dolphinpatronus wrote:As far as dream journals go it's pointless I really don't remember them & the rare few I do are very mundane usually just a rehash of my day.
Recording them is supposed to help gear your mind to remembering them, so even if you don't usually remember them now, after a while of journaling you might find recall comes easier. Even if it's just usually mundane things (which is how it is for many of us), if you start remembering them more frequently, you can look to doing actual dream work and trying to contact your guide through dreams, or even look into lucid dreaming and all that. Like I said, there are lots of other methods to work on, so you don't have to look into dream work if it doesn't appeal to you, but don't feel like you have to write it off for those reasons. :)
dolphinpatronus

I may give the mirror another try using some different angles. Maybe I'll burn some incense that promotes psychic ability while I do...it can't hurt to try.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I would try a guided meditation. Christopher Penczak has some good ones from his Shamanism book/cd for journeying. I think having someone talk you through will keep you intent and focused.
dolphinpatronus

Thanks I'll look into that :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Mine have usually come to me in dreams. I remember meeting two of them years ago. We were somewhere on the plains, tall grass, wind blowing. They were Native American, but I don't know what tribe. I think probably Arapahoe or Cheyenne. Some years later, I met two others, again, Native American. I think they were Lakota.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”