Third Eye Reopening

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Aderyn

Third Eye Reopening

Post by Aderyn »

Hello! I introduced myself in the member forum and figured this topic would be a good place for me to post first. :)

Long story short, when I was a young teenager I was dating someone who had opened my senses to spiritual things. Spirits, guardians, things of that nature. We ended up breaking up and because I felt overwhelmed and no longer had a mentor, I decided to shut myself off from that world. Fast forward about ten years and this year my spiritual mind has been very active. Deja vu, visions, meeting other spiritual people in my life, etc., I feel that I am finally taking the steps toward accepting this into my life as an every day thing.

I want to start working on opening my third eye again, fully. In the past, the person I was dating did everything for me (which is why I think it was so overwhelming at the time.) I had done some research on Chakra mediation and other forms of meditation, but I wanted to hear from others to see what their personal experiences are. I have a friend who is willing to help me, but I am curious to if there is anything I should start doing on my own to prepare. I try to meditate and pray every night before bed (for many reasons, one of them is to try and attempt to clear my head, I haven't been sleeping well since January 1st of this year.)

Advice, suggestions, stories? I look forward to hearing from you all.

-Aderyn
MaeRose

Re: Third Eye Reopening

Post by MaeRose »

Hi Aderyn,
I too am new here so I will just share what has worked for me.
I was, like you, very open and then life, adulthood etc... Closed me down for a decade or so. My biggest hurdle was trusting myself and not having the left brain right brain fight over spirit verses logic. Honestly I still have mini battles. Lol. I meditate every night at the same time and do affirmations to help me trust myself and the process. It is like coming home but can seem scary and overwhelming at times. When the time is right it will happen. Just trust the process ;-)
Nice to meet you.
It is what it is.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Hi!

I just went through and still am, this same exact situation! Well, minus the dating part. Haha!

I have a mentor, more or less but I've been incredibly busy I haven't been able to meet up with them in awhile or even talk to them for that matter.

What they taught me to do, was how to open up and how to close down. When I tried this, I was surprised how much it changed. I could just feel everything around me, more so than I ever did before.

All he suggested I do, was close my eyes and imagine bright light coming through my crown chakra and spreading through my body with other colors that you feel would fit you well that also bring positivity. Then focus on opening each chakra up, as they all work together. If one is off balance, then so will everything else. Ask for protection as well, as opening yourself up is hard, and once you are in this state try meditation. Go in with some questions that you want to have answered, and see what you can get.

It takes practice, and as MaeRose said above, when the timing is right, things will start falling into place. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Zili

Post by Zili »

My third eye has been closed for a while now due to life as well. I did however once before start clearing the blocks on my chakra's by doing a tunnel healing meditation.

1) Start off your meditation by allowing yourself to be comfortable and relax take a minute to address anything in your mind you feel you need to take care of before starting then put it aside.

2) Take a few deep breaths and listen to the beating of your heart feel it in your chest and breathe in and out gently as you do so you can begin your visions.

3) Meet with your spirit guide where you feel most comfortable and ask them to lead you through your tunnels. Your guide will take you through a natural opening and lead you within yourself.

4) Imagine moving through your body to each chakra location, starting at the crown, at each location there will be another spirit animal waiting they will help you learn what needs to be healed for each chakra.

5) follow their instructions and ask your guide for help in completing each task. If a guardian says it is not time to enter a chakra location then don't you can still move on to the next if your guide permits you to do so.

6) when you and your guide have completed your journey, the guide will lead you out of your body so that your spirit body and physical body can become one again, thank your guide and the tunnel guardians. Now you may step back into yourself and wake.

This worked for me as I was healing other parts of my chakras but at the time the guardian to my heart chakra told me to leave my heart for the time being as it wasn't ready to heal, it needed time to grieve.
Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

Thank you MaeRose, Sakura Blossom, and Zili for your responses! It's nice to meet you all. :)

I will take this into account and give it a try! I wanted to try some chakra work, are there any additional books or videos you would recommend? Guided meditation seems to really help me.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I'm not familiar with any chakra books, but you could try going to Youtube because they have quite a few guided meditations on there. (: It might or might not help you, but I thought I would suggest it! (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Zili

Post by Zili »

I always recommend the book "Secrets of Shamanism" by Jose and Lena Stevens that's where I first learned of the chakra tunnel healing
Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

Wonderful! It's so nice to know I'm not alone in this; thank you for the help. I will start trying these meditation styles and keep this thread updated.
North Star

Post by North Star »

Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith is a wonderful book. One of my favorites.

:flyingwitch:
Aderyn

Post by Aderyn »

North Star wrote:Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith is a wonderful book. One of my favorites.

:flyingwitch:
Lovely! I'll add it to my list. :) I just bought a book called Spiritual Toolbox by Sherri Cortland; I'm excited to get reading!

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”