Dangers of Meditation?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
asthesunlovesthemoon

Dangers of Meditation?

Post by asthesunlovesthemoon »

I was looking up Chakra meditation and I found a lot of things that said it was evil. There was also a list of dangers that can go along with meditation. How could something as innocent as meditation be evil or dangerous? Someone please tell me that none of this is true
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dangers of Meditation?

Post by Xiao Rong »

I am not familiar with Chakras, but I have literally never heard ANYTHING about how meditation is a bad practice until you just mentioned it ... I wouldn't necessarily believe everything you read.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

'

Are you talking about Kundalini Yoga perhaps?

Also, Maybe you could list the website where you're reading this from? So people could maybe help clarify.

'
AncientSideEffects

Post by AncientSideEffects »

Meditation is not evil by any means. Meditation has many forms. Meditation comes from meditate. To reflect on or contemplate. Its a normal as looking back on the day and seeing what happened. But can go as deep as deep thought or even to cleanse yourself. Its only evil if you use it that way. Another definition to meditate it to plan in the mind. So you can see why its called evil. Meditating can happen consciously or by inducing and tapping the subconscious. Consciously I hear many conversations, all inaudible, but I hear it. I feel a the people in a crowded street but can't see it. So I never know where or what I'm hearing.
The use of meditation in itself is clean and harmless. He who says otherwise is uneducated or under appreciates the benefits it can bring.
North Star

Post by North Star »

There is nothing 'evil' about chakra meditation. ;)
AncientSideEffects

North Star wrote:There is nothing 'evil' about chakra meditation. ;)
Agree to disagree. Unlocking certain chakra's, if they're closed, can grant abilities you never knew you had. This can lead to the wrong use of said abilities should you choose. So yes, even chakra meditation cm bee seen as evil.

In my philosophical state. So sorry if I come off obscene or offensive. I'll have a post related to this state shortly when I figure out where it goes since my minds racing.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

AncientSideEffects wrote:even chakra meditation cm bee seen as evil.
Admittedly, I know very little about chakra meditation, but "evil" seems to be a very strong word. Maybe misguided, maybe inadvertently harmful, maybe even self-destructive (again, I have literally never heard of meditation being any of these things), but I don't throw around the term "evil" lightly.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
AncientSideEffects

Xiao Rong wrote:
but "evil" seems to be a very strong word. Maybe misguided, maybe inadvertently harmful, maybe even self-destructive (again, I have literally never heard of meditation being any of these things), but I don't throw around the term "evil" lightly.
Granted. I say we should categorize it like everything else. Its neutral. Its the person who uses it that decides what to use it for.
asthesunlovesthemoon

Excuse me I'm going to go cry
AncientSideEffects

Electra wrote:Excuse me I'm going to go cry
Hope its not my fault. I'll be sad if it is.
North Star

Post by North Star »

Electra, you can message me anytime if you need to talk. I know you are battling a lot of feelings with this, and with your mom. Like Xiao said, do not believe everything you read on the internet. I hope you are feeling better, and we are here for you as much as we can be! Evil may be in the person, not the practice. And you seem like a sweet, kind girl...so no worries there!

Do not let the fears of others cloud your decision to follow something you feel right about, something you can make beautiful, and it IS beautiful, not evil. ;)

blessings to you
asthesunlovesthemoon

North Star wrote:Electra, you can message me anytime if you need to talk. I know you are battling a lot of feelings with this, and with your mom. Like Xiao said, do not believe everything you read on the internet. I hope you are feeling better, and we are here for you as much as we can be! Evil may be in the person, not the practice. And you seem like a sweet, kind girl...so no worries there!

Do not let the fears of others cloud your decision to follow something you feel right about, something you can make beautiful, and it IS beautiful, not evil. ;)

blessings to you
Thank you so much, North Star. I did the Chakra meditation and it was probably one of the best decisions I've made. I was filled with such a great feeling, and it took me away from reality. After so long, I was actually calm and at peace.

Blessed be.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I'm thinking you've read something about Kundalini Yoga.

I guess find a reputable teacher to answer your questions if you're worried about this and wish to learn more.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Chakra meditation is not evil, BUT there is a warning that if you activate your reverse or back chakras immaturely you can experience almost bipolar mood swings, anxiety, and even hallucinations. To prepare you start simple meditation techniques of focusing on the main frontal central chakra points. Also if you have any previous emotional trauma, the memories can come up and you may need support of cleansing your emotions.
Meditation is not evil or wrong in any way, just certain techniques need a guided teacher or mentor.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Also do not start at the base or root chakra because it can release extra Kundalini energy or prana. If you release to much energy you will have even more problems of mania, depression, or anxiety like symptoms. Start with the navel chakra at your belly button and go up from there to your solar plexus, heart, throat, fifth eye center of forehead do not focus on the third eye yet), then crown chakra at the top of the head. Always go back down and reverse the meditation ending at the navel where you started, and ground your energy into the earth or you will feel spacey and not focused.
Kundalini and The Chakras by Genevieve Lewis Paulson is an excellent book which covers how to start and avoid problems which can arise from this type of meditation.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”