Confused on Meditation

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Isabella

Confused on Meditation

Post by Isabella »

Hi! Please answer my question! Whenever I try to meditate on something it's really hard. I tried to imagine every detail of something and it is just my imagination creating things! I don't understand. I came up with another theroy. so I closed my eyes and looked really hard in the darkness. I saw diffrent colors and funny shapes and I got a headache everytime I tried to focus harder. Owww..!So what is the headache and why is this so complicated!?
Peace and Pasta!~
Victoria Mnemosyne

Re: Confused on Meditation

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

Don't stress out, meditation is a skill and it takes practice. Try simple exercises first. Try visualizing your hand first, then an orange in it. Get every one of the five senses right.

Correct me if I'm wrong (This is a guess) but you're probably trying too complicated meditations for a beginner. Trying to visualize a Goddess in an Ancient temple for a beginner is like trying to head down a Black Diamond before you conquer the Bunny slope. :)
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

You're trying too hard. Just relax. Meditation isn't all sitting in silence blocking any sounds out. Its anything that makes your mind switch off. Some people listen to music, some people do something mundane and repetative. The life we live is too switched on and wired. it takes time to allow all that stuff to shuss.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Isabella

Post by Isabella »

Lol, I actually did go down a medium slope before the Bunny slope cause I thought it was easy. I had force myself to fall so that I wouldn't hit a group of little kids. Ouch! Lesson learned.
Peace and Pasta!~
Whitelion728

Post by Whitelion728 »

Well In meditation it's like creating your own dream. You create and you don't think
Much of
It. In your dreams an entire world is created within seconds. Now try it only don't try to focuse on every detail and just let it flow.
BeckyDarling

Post by BeckyDarling »

To get into a meditative state for myself, I simply tell myself a story. i have a very active imagination, and visualization is very easy for me, though.

If it will work for you, just tell yourself a story. I usually have a centaur man help me until my meditation "takes over". you'll know when that happens when you stop controlling it and it does it on it's own. The centaur will usually take me near the ocean, where mermaids will be waiting for me, and I will go with them. That is only me, however. Sometimes it is different, but not very often. I feel best in an ocean.

One time I did end up in an old temple.

It can go anywhere, if you let it. Try not to stress about it too much.
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

I listen to Trance music. It drives the other half mad because its so beaty, but I tune in the music on a different level and find it soothing.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”